Anyone interviewing at Oklahoma on the 29th?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Fenrez, Mar 19, 2002.

1. Fenrez

Fenrez AT Stills worst nightmare

Resident [Any Field]
    Just curious if anyone from studentdoctor.net is gonna be there the same day I am.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. PATCH Medic

PATCH Medic Member

You'll love it, great school, very good staff! I cancelled because I was accepted at KCOM, but it was high on my list, I'm from Oklahoma and visited twice! Good Luck! :D

4. Atlas

Atlas Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I just got their information package in the mail today. I'm applying next year and I'm debating whether or not to apply to OSU. I know that like 90% of the class is composed of Oklahoma residents. I'm from Southern Illinois (minutes from Missouri) which is a hop, skip, and a jump from Oklahoma. After browsing through their book, I must say that I was impressed. The facilities are awesome and it looks like a great school! If I apply there, I really hope I get accepted. Fenrez, I see you're from Florida. I find it amazing that you received an interview (in a good way). Do you think OSU interviews alot of out-of-staters? I hope so. If you don't mind, what are your stats?

Thanks
    Atlas

5. Fenrez

Resident [Any Field]
    I don't remember where, but I read that they interview around 200 students, 50 of them from out of state, but don't quote me on that. I'll try to find the website where I saw that listed to make sure and post it here.

As far as my stats, the overall is 3.2 gpa, 3.4 science gpa, 28 MCAT.

However, I'm a nontraditional student (30 years old) so the GPA part is a bit tricky. I went to school awhile back and didn't do so well. I eventually dropped out of college and took a few years off. I went back in 1999 and since then have earned a 3.75 gpa. So I assume they take the recent trends into consideration when deciding to offer an interview.

You're right, though. It does look like a great school. I'm looking forward to seeing the campus next week. I've also decided to make a little vacation out of it and check out New Mexico, Texas, and New Orleans afterwards. :)

Even though my stats are a little out of whack, I hope they help anyway.

6. Atlas

Atlas Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I wish you the best of luck! I'm sure you'll do fine. Will you attend OSU if you're accepted?

7. Fenrez

Resident [Any Field]
    Thanks! Same to you next year. By the way, I found the page where the stats are listed for the school:

<a href="http://osu.com.okstate.edu/center/student/matrprofile.htm" target="_blank">http://osu.com.okstate.edu/center/student/matrprofile.htm</a>

Sorry dont know how to add links yet, all I can do is paste the address. :confused:

8. Atlas

Atlas Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    It looks like the link worked out afterall. Hey, I wonder where the 12 out-of-state students are from? That would be interesting to know. Did you see the ratio of interviwees? 827:48? Yikes! Not good odds. Consider yourself lucky to have that interview! :D 1 in 17 applicants (out-of-state) get an interview!! Much fewer actually get accepted. That sucks. Oh well...Best of luck to you anyways and keep me up to speed on how your interview goes!

Atlas