Anyone interviewing at Tufts Tuesday?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JJNY

0-MD in 4.0yrs Buckle up!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
....curious to see if anyone will be at Tufts this Tuesday 11/12.....

Just wanna see if anyone's down for some night-before-the-interview exploration of the local bar scene... :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,
I'm not interviewing on Tuesday but I've been a student in Boston for the past four years. Let me know if you need anything. I have a physics class at night on Tues but get out at ~ 9:45 PM. PM me if you want.

Hey JJNY,
How long did it take Tufts to get back to you after you completed your application? If anybody else has an answer I'd be glad to hear it...

Thanks,
thE pAkht

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a second year student at Tufts and wouldn't mind having a beer or two on Monday night. Somewhere near school or off the Green Line is best for me. PM me if you're interested and we can exchange contact info.

To the poster who asked about how long it takes to hear from Tufts, it really varies. I received an interview invitation about 3 months after my application was complete so it really can take a while. Usually, only April MCATers are interviewed in the Fall interview batch (Oct-Dec.), April MCATers who didn't make the first interview batch and some August MCATers are interviewed in the Winter sessions (Jan-March), and mostly August MCATers and a few April MCATers are interviewed in the Spring (March-first week of May). Hope that helps. Good luck!

pakht,

My app was complete on 9/13 and I recieved an interview invitation in the mail on 10/11.

BTW, I took the MCAT in August 2001.

Hope it helps... :cool:

BDF, Katie:

I PM'd you guys... :cool:

Drinking on a monday night? Who do you think you are, a tufts med student or something? ;) Seriosuly though, I have a midterm thurs. so partying is out of the question for me, but if you need any advice on where to go get in touch.

GOOD LUCK!!!

TH
:D

Originally posted by Katie
I'm a second year student at Tufts and wouldn't mind having a beer or two on Monday night. Somewhere near school or off the Green Line is best for me. PM me if you're interested and we can exchange contact info.

To the poster who asked about how long it takes to hear from Tufts, it really varies. I received an interview invitation about 3 months after my application was complete so it really can take a while. Usually, only April MCATers are interviewed in the Fall interview batch (Oct-Dec.), April MCATers who didn't make the first interview batch and some August MCATers are interviewed in the Winter sessions (Jan-March), and mostly August MCATers and a few April MCATers are interviewed in the Spring (March-first week of May). Hope that helps. Good luck!

hey katie, thanks for your hosting offer on the other thread i posted but i luckily found a guy to host me. btw, when does tufts send out its first batches of decisions?

Originally posted by Yogi Bear
hey katie, thanks for your hosting offer on the other thread i posted but i luckily found a guy to host me. btw, when does tufts send out its first batches of decisions?

hi yogi, tufts usually does not send its first round of decisions until December. typically applicants hear about 6 weeks after interview, and Tom Slavin will likely repeat this to you on Tuesday. I got my "on hold" notice exactly 6 weeks post-interview, which means that you will be reviewed with those interviewing later than you and could receive either an acceptance or rejection before May 15. If you have received neither an acceptance nor a rejection after getting the hold notice, you will be placed on the waitlist on or around May 15. Many people are admitted off the waitlist each year, at least in recent years. I didn't get accepted until mid-July and know many others in my class who were in the same situation. enjoy Boston and your interview!

Originally posted by Katie
hi yogi, tufts usually does not send its first round of decisions until December. typically applicants hear about 6 weeks after interview, and Tom Slavin will likely repeat this to you on Tuesday. I got my "on hold" notice exactly 6 weeks post-interview, which means that you will be reviewed with those interviewing later than you and could receive either an acceptance or rejection before May 15. If you have received neither an acceptance nor a rejection after getting the hold notice, you will be placed on the waitlist on or around May 15. Many people are admitted off the waitlist each year, at least in recent years. I didn't get accepted until mid-July and know many others in my class who were in the same situation. enjoy Boston and your interview!

thanks for info! i was looking at some old threads and i read that you had written some article about tuft's waitlist. however, i couldn't find it on the website. do you have a link to that article u mentioned, or did it contain same info as what you just typed?