Anyone interviewing at WVSOM on 1/25/2006?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lseo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received an interview email from WVSOM for 1/25/2006.
I read some threads regarding WVSOM in the forum.
Anyone else recieved the same date?
I am coming from California, need advice on cheap flights, hotels, and car rentals!

Any additional advice or heads-up regarding the school will be greatly appreciated. :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I'd stay at the General Lewis Inn. As an applicant you get a pretty big discount and it's very nice. Plus it's walking distance from the school and that's where you'll be eating lunch.

It's cheaper to fly into Roanoake or Charleston than to fly into Lewisburg. You'll need to rent a car though... I'd just use some sort of online get it cheap deal to do that.

The interviews are laid back. Be yourself etc... It is def not a stress interview.

lseo said:
I just received an interview email from WVSOM for 1/25/2006.
I read some threads regarding WVSOM in the forum.
Anyone else recieved the same date?
I am coming from California, need advice on cheap flights, hotels, and car rentals!

Any additional advice or heads-up regarding the school will be greatly appreciated. :luck:
lseo, what are your stats??? :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Megalofyia said:
I'd stay at the General Lewis Inn. As an applicant you get a pretty big discount and it's very nice. Plus it's walking distance from the school and that's where you'll be eating lunch.

It's cheaper to fly into Roanoake or Charleston than to fly into Lewisburg. You'll need to rent a car though... I'd just use some sort of online get it cheap deal to do that.

The interviews are laid back. Be yourself etc... It is def not a stress interview.
Agreed. :thumbup: Flew into Charleston...no problem. 2 hr drive but beautiful mountain views. Good luck. Loved the school.

Thank you for your information.
I will definately look into differnt route.... It's so expansive flying into LWB.

Does it get really cold in January... I was thinking about dress suit, but now I have go out and buy pants suit!

the admissions office told me that driving from roanoke to lewisburg is less mountainous and curvy than charleston to roanoke. i picked charleston and agree that it's a beautiful drive. however, if you're a flat-lander and don't like mountain driving, roanoke might be less stressful.

My interview is on Jan 25th.... is it wise to find a flight out same day or should I book it on the 26th.
The latest flight out from Charleston on the 25ht is 5pm. This isn't including the drive from school to the airport.

Does the interview actually go from 8 to 5pm?

did you say in another post you're from California?! Well I am too and I just came back from WVSOM last week. (still waiting to hear from them) but what i did was I arrived in Charleston the day before my interview at abou 5:30. It took me about 1.5 hours to drive to Lewisburg. I drove around a little bit, got dinner and settled in for the night. if you have any questions, PM me!

I am interviewing at WVSOM in March...any suggestions?