anyone interviwed in Dec/Jan still waiting to hear from BU?....

Sanju

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
hi,

i interviewed at BU on the 8th pf January. i am still waiting to hear from them. i called them up this week . a lady by the name Nicole told me that they had reviewed my application but had kept it on hold and that they woul be reviewing it again this thursday. i wonder what that means. anyone in the same position as me?

sanju

Giffy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2004
Status (Visible)
hey sanju,
just to inform you, i was interviewed on dec 4 and havent heard from them. i am joining UCSF. but i know lots of people who have been interviewed as early as oct 30th and havent heard from BU as yet. so keep your spirits high. you might just get lucky
Giffy

Meggs

[email protected]@2
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2003
www.gingermeggs.com
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Sanju
.... they had reviewed my application but had kept it on hold and that they woul be reviewing it again this thursday. i wonder what that means. anyone in the same position as me?....

Sanju,

When I first applied UPenn kept me in this silly game all the time, so one day I just flat out ask the person on the phone what does it means. She said sometimes they have doubts about an application, so instead of flat out rejecting the person and later regretting it, they just keep it on hold until the application deadline and/or end of the admisions cycle. Then, they are able to tell the quality of the other applicants, and whether to admit you or not.

Since that day I never bothered to contact UPenn again, and never heard from them again.

Probably all schools do this with certain applications. Hope this helps you to be more calmed.

About the Ads

anvi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2003
Status (Visible)
I was interviewed on jan 15,when i called BU a lady named Nicole told me that my application is on hold and they will be reviewing it today(jan 27).And she told me to call in the first week of march.

Sanju

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
thanks giffy and congratulations on aceptance in UCSF.

thanks meggs, thats exactly what others have told me, so i am just keeping my fingers crossed.

anvi, i think we should just wait. thats exactly what nicole told me too. Actually she also told me that they are stopping interviews from the 1st of March, which i realised is not true considering some people already have interviews scheduled for march 11th. i think we just need to be patient and wait. anvi, what are your scores and where else have you applied?

sanju

lebelle

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2003
Status (Visible)
hi
me too haven't heard from BU yet :(

I interviewed there on Dec the 11 th...... still waiting.

good luck to everyone including me

lebelle

shreyas

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Status (Visible)
hi all,
i know this seems to be endless waiting, many of my frnds including me r waiting for bu to reply back.
earlier they used to have a standard anwer of 1 week. but seems to me tht know they have shifted their approach towards telling everyone tht their application has been reviweed & its on hold. when i spoke to her she said we 'll come know after abt middle of march. she siad they will hold interviews until then.
i guess they wud review the whole set of applications again only after tht.
i guess 1 week is something she is saying to pacify us. i am not trying to sound pessimistic but i guess we gt to wait till the end of march at least. tht's wht she sounded.

dhee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2004
Status (Visible)
Hi Guys

First of all wishing u all All the Best to get into BU.I just have a question.I got only 243 in TOEFL.I applied to BU.But the Min score requirement is 250.Does any of u with less then 250 got interview call from BU?Please update me regarding this issue .Thanks:)

shreyas

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Status (Visible)
yes dhee one of my my frnd gt interviewed very recently in bu with the same toefel as urs.
all the best

anvi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2003
Status (Visible)
Hi Sanju,
My scores are 87,253,2.80.I got rejection from upenn and waiting still to here from BU & NYU.

pinkpeanuts

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2004
Status (Visible)
Hi,
I was interviewed at BU this thursday(26th feb 85:(,273,3.25).Was scheduled for 12th feb but had to get it postponed as i did'nt have my dental degree.Was told that most of the class was already filled up and that we were the second last batch to be interviewed.Was also told that we would hear from them by april.And ppl with visa problems had a lesser chance...Ppl interviewed earlier,have you heard from them yet?Heard from a frnd that interviews go on until april.Good luck to all of us.

mili

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2003
Status (Visible)
i too havent heard from bu...interviewed in november...i tried calling nicole..but dint get a chance to talk to her..anyways..i am sure she wont have anything new to tell me:)

About the Ads

pinkpeanuts

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2004
Status (Visible)
Looks like a lot a ppl are waiting to hear from BU.Could any1 pls tel me what it takes to be a dental assistant?How many hours do i need to put in9am willing to work full time),What about health insurance,Do i need prior reco's(just graduated from dental school in India so have no work experience at all),Whats the pay?How do i go about it?(California,Boston or Dallas)Do i have to know some dentist there or....i have no idea at all.Want to work as one till i get into dental school there.I am a permanent resident.Please let me know asap..want to start by july.Thanx.Have a nice day.

doctor2002

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 27, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by dhee
Hi Guys

First of all wishing u all All the Best to get into BU.I just have a question.I got only 243 in TOEFL.I applied to BU.But the Min score requirement is 250.Does any of u with less then 250 got interview call from BU?Please update me regarding this issue .Thanks:)

Hi dhee,

One of my friends had the same problem last year.She recieved the letter from Ad com saying that she will be elegible for an interview if she retakes Toefl and meets the minimum requirements(ie 250 in toefl and 85 in NBDE part 1).So she retook Toefl, got 250 and then she was called for an interview. If you have part1 score above 85 then go ahead and take Toefl I am sure you will be able to get above 250.

Thanks.

poojagulaya

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2003
Status (Visible)
hey guys,
I too interviewed at BU in Nov...and havnt heard yet..
I have been talking to Nicole; according to her, they would review the applications after mid march when they stop interviewing applicants...
So all the best to all those waiting
pooja

Sanju

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
hi guys,
no news from BU as yet. this is sooooooooo frustating. i called up nicole on tuesday and she told me that they had reviewed my appln last thursday but could not make a decision. Apparently they are going to meet every thursday for the next three weeks.so she sad that the latest i should hear from them is end of march.

She told me that next week is going to be the last interview batch. i dont know what to think. on one end i an so sure of getting a reject but at the same time since i have not heard anything i still have a teeny bitof hope that things might still work out with BU. i have also heard that they offer advanced acceptances for the coming year(2005). is that true? Does anyone know somebody who had got an advanced acceptance for this year when he/she applied last year.

As of Upenn i am now waitng for the reject letter which must be on its way now. Looks like there is no hope this year so the least i can do is study for part 2 and reapply. it is is so depressing. i must be seeming pretty silly to crib in writing.

sanju

poojagulaya

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2003
Status (Visible)
hey sanju,
dont loose hope...
Many applicants leave BU at the end...They prefer UPEN or other schools...
I am waiting for results too...since a lONG TIME..and I live close to Boston ..have been to the school a couple of times..
the admission committee will review the pending files after they wrap up interviews...
best of luck
pooja

Sanju

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
thanks pooja. where do you live. where have you graduated from. i did my BDS from GDC mumbai, india and graduated in 2000.

sanju

poojagulaya

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2003
Status (Visible)
Hey sanju,
I was living in boston until last year...now i live in NH ..45 mins from boston..
I graduated in 2000 from KLE's dental institute;Belgaum...
havnt u applied to nyu??
pooja

Sanju

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
any more news from BU, anyone? this is sooooooooo irritating.

sanju

About the Ads

Ann 03

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2004
Status (Visible)
hi all,
i called up bu .this time was able to get through to nicole.she told me my application will be reviewed this this thursday and they will let me know by mail.
all the waiting:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :smuggrin: i have given up.

tweety

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2004
Status (Visible)
hi guys
i was interviewed on 12th feb n they told me my application was not reviewed yet. this week it will be reviewed
:rolleyes:

sam3

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2003
Philadelphia
Status (Visible)
Nicole told me the same thing about this thursday. I was interviewed on 11th/December/2003 .

tweety

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2004
Status (Visible)
hey pinkpeanuts
as far as u have ur work permit u should get a dental assistant job
look for ur area news paper n go thru the job list
u can call them n may be they interview u
i got it that way.
u can find the salary range for ur area online n ask accordingly
:) i hope it was of some help
i wish u luck:thumbup:
tweety:)

pinkpeanuts

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2004
Status (Visible)
Hi tweety,
Thanx for the info..will definetly look it up.Good luck to you too.Have a nice day.
PP.

tweety

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2004
Status (Visible)
hey sam
i thought u were accepted in upenn why r u waiting for BU?
am sorry if i am wrong but i just had an idea
good luck to u:thumbup:
tweety

Sanju

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
hi pooja, giffy, ann03, pinkpeanuts, tweety,

i think we should be hearing from BU by next week. lets jsut hang in there. anyone of you have been already accepted at any other school? i have lost hopes for this year and plan to take part2 and reapply next year. what are you guys planning. are you'll studying for part 2. lets keep in touch and interact in the ndbe part 2 thread.

sanju.

anvi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2003
Status (Visible)
Today I called Nicole and she told me that my application was reviewed yesterday and the results will be posted on monday.Iam really tensed up after talking to her.

tweety

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2004
Status (Visible)
hi guys
i too spoke to nicole n she said my application was reviewed on thursday n the results were sent out in the morning.

hey sanju i have got into NYU so if i dont get in BU i would go there or even if i get in BU i would go to NYU i guess but not sure
we all will know for sure from BU by this weekend n lets keep our finger crossed.

good luck to everyone of you who is waiting to hear from BU:thumbup:

Tweety

busydentist

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2004
Status (Visible)
hello everyone,
i am new to this forum.I came to know about the forum through my friend.its really good to see many dentists eagerly waiting to get a license in america. this forum is more like a family where u share happiness and support people when they are falling down.

i wish i will be a usefull source in the forum.

congratualtion Sam,Meggs and all others who have succesfully got in to the school.
bye

About the Ads

busydentist

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2004
Status (Visible)
hi,
i am new to this forum,
i am in waiting list in BU

but my application is not yet reveiwed yet:confused: :confused:

:eek:

i wish all of us will get in to

good luck tweety,anvi
bye

busydentist

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2004
Status (Visible)
hi tweety and anvi
did u ask her the result on the phone
i think she may tell you.
bye

opal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2003
Status (Visible)
Hi busy dentist,

Welcome :) aboard this wonderful site.I am one among the many waiting to hear from BU. Can you tell us when you were interviewed & could you please share your scores with us if you dont mind? I couldnt get a chance to talk to nicole today .I was only able to leave a message though!!!

busydentist

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2004
Status (Visible)
hi opal;

i was interviewed in the month of oct
part 1 92 , part 2 86

i keep on clling them everyweek ,but they keep telling me the sam e t hing ,it will be reviewed this week.its been 5 months ,and that week hasnt come at all :( :smuggrin: :sleep:

what about you?
bye

busydentist

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2004
Status (Visible)
hi anvi,

I am not sure of it.
but i have heard that nicole told a girl that she was accepted on the phone
why dont u give a try??

as far as i know it will be an acceptance letter.because they havent sent any rejection letters still now
so start the celebrations right now
:clap: :clap: :clap:

opal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2003
Status (Visible)
Hi busy dentist,

I am in the same situation as yours. I too am waiting since october, & every time i call them the anwer is that my application is still under review!! Anyway, i have been accepted in NYU & i am not that much concerned now. Good luck to you & all those waiting.

tweety

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2004
Status (Visible)
Hi guys
welcome busydentist.
i did not get in BU i got the letter today +pity+
i was kind of sure coz they told me my score was on boderline n overall my GPA was not good :rolleyes:
but its ok i guess coz i have got in NYU at least
good luck to the rest of u i hope you all get at least somewhere
Tweety

busydentist

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2004
Status (Visible)
Dear tweety

i am sorry to hear that
but you have mentioned that the Bu people had mailed the results today ,then howcome you got the letter today itself.
i am really confused

but tweety remember that whatever happens is for our own good
who knows you may be have a bright future in NYU.you may be the topper.

any how good luck at NYU.
May God be with you
bye

busydentist

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2004
Status (Visible)
Hi tweety ,

you have a good score 89,how come they say its in borderline
i thought the borderline was 86.
:oops:

what do they expect 99

:confused: :confused:

bye

tweety

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2004
Status (Visible)
Hey Busydentist
thanks for the best wishes. yes they told me most of the applicants are having a score of above 90 n till that date they had only accepted above 90 so i am on boderline.
I hope as you said i do well at NYU
I am in CT so i got it today all you guys will surely get it by tomorrow.
good luck to you:thumbup:
tweety

busydentist

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2004
Status (Visible)
hi tweety,
its really surprising to hear that you got the letter on the same day
anyhow good luck at NYU
bye

pinktooth

Paint my world...
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2003
Planet Earth
Status (Visible)
Hi Busydentist...
Welcome:clap:
Even I am waiting eagerly for the boston results..Was interviewed on the 19th of feb.
Did you mention that you were in the waiting list or waiting for the reply from BU?
Take care

pinktooth

Paint my world...
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2003
Planet Earth
Status (Visible)
Hi Opal,
So which school will you be joining if you hear from BU?Have you paid the deposit at NYU?How much is it..
take care

pinktooth

Paint my world...
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2003
Planet Earth
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by tweety
Hi guys
welcome busydentist.
i did not get in BU i got the letter today +pity+
i was kind of sure coz they told me my score was on boderline n overall my GPA was not good :rolleyes:
but its ok i guess coz i have got in NYU at least
good luck to the rest of u i hope you all get at least somewhere
Tweety
Hi Tweety,
Don't lose hope..Maybe you are destined to join UConn..:thumbup:
Keep us posted about it.I guess you area CT resident and will be given preference..
All the best

pinkpeanuts

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2004
Status (Visible)
Hi Tweety,
Sorry to hear about the BU reject..Anyways,you are lucky you got into NYU atleast.If you were rejected with a score of 89 then i guess i don't have any chance at all....Still hoping though!:D Good luck at NYU.

Hi Sam,
Not really started the Part2 perp,thinking of retaking Part1.Actually,waiting to hear from BU before i make a decision.hope i get to apply to NYU at least next year.Good luck.

busydentist

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2004
Status (Visible)
hi pink tooth
i am waiting for bu results
interviewed in oct :confused: :confused:

lets all pray for the best

bye

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.