Anyone invited for Western University's March interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shimmeringstar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Has anyone been invited for Western's march interview? i haven't heard anything from them...i applied end of september but they say they're still reviewing my application

Members don't see this ad.

they usually start calling 2 weeks before the interview date...and continue calling till the day before the interview date.
so people should start receiving phone calls!!! :eek::)

Members don't see this ad :)
btw, does anyone know how they choose applicants for interviews?? are they ona point system like USN?

I got interview invitation via email few days ago. Actually, I got a message for Feb 9 interview on Feb 6. But, I postponed it to March 1st because I couldn't make it on Feb 9.:luck:

I have heard nothing from them since turning in my app in November, while getting interviews for UOP and USC

I have not head anything from them yet. I turned mine in Sept.

same here..i wonder if it is our stats. anyone with a gpa higher than a 3.0 on here that has still not received an interview

same here..i wonder if it is our stats. anyone with a gpa higher than a 3.0 on here that has still not received an interview

That would be me, and I've begun to think that they lost my application... lol oh well!

I turned in my application in late October.:luck:

I really hate this school now. Because they are like the only pharmacy school that doesnt accept AP credit, I had to take 2 extra multivariable calculus courses for nothing? And not hearing back from them this late in the process when their last interview date is less than 2 weeks away, wtf is wrong with this school?

Actual interview dates:
Saturday, December 8, 2007
Saturday, February 9, 2008
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Saturday, April 12, 2008

And not hearing back from them this late in the process when their last interview date is less than 2 weeks away, wtf is wrong with this school?

I really hate this school now. Because they are like the only pharmacy school that doesnt accept AP credit, I had to take 2 extra multivariable calculus courses for nothing? And not hearing back from them this late in the process when their last interview date is less than 2 weeks away, wtf is wrong with this school?

Actually if it helps there are two more interviews left march and april so don't worry there is still hope

Members don't see this ad :)

Wow, tell me about it. Western told my friend who goes to the same university as me that they accept one of our lit classes. BUT, FOR ME, they won't accept mine even though it is the same exact class that my friend took. LOL WHAT! :confused: So I have to enroll in some lit class next quarter for people who practically can't read... I might just give up on Western altogether. :thumbdown:

Don't give up! I thought Western U only checks course equivalency for pre-pharm pre-reqs? You need to send an email to your counselor and explain to this person what you just said below.

http://www.westernu.edu/xp/edu/howtoapply/pharmd_contact.xml

Good luck and don't give up! :)

Wow, tell me about it. Western told my friend who goes to the same university as me that they accept one of our lit classes. BUT, FOR ME, they won't accept mine even though it is the same exact class that my friend took. LOL WHAT! :confused: So I have to enroll in some lit class next quarter for people who practically can't read... I might just give up on Western altogether. :thumbdown:

What?!?!? did u ask them why it was approved for ur friend but not for u?? sorry about your inconvenience!!! i would be so frustrated if this happened to me :(

seems like they are a little disorganized with everything, not notifying ppl when things are missing, calling just DAYS before the interview to invite you, etc etc..... :thumbdown:

Don't give up! I thought Western U only checks course equivalency for pre-pharm pre-reqs? You need to send an email to your counselor and explain to this person what you just said below.

http://www.westernu.edu/xp/edu/howtoapply/pharmd_contact.xml

Good luck and don't give up! :)

Always so helpful :)

I actually already talked to my counselor and also wrote a long email to Western about this back in November, but they never responded so oh well. You know how I am though so even though I say I might give up, I'm probably just going to end up loading up with the units :D. The only thing is this lit class is ONLY for frosh who failed their first writing class... so I don't know if I can get in but we'll see :eek:.

Always so helpful :)

I actually already talked to my counselor and also wrote a long email to Western about this back in November, but they never responded so oh well. You know how I am though so even though I say I might give up, I'm probably just going to end up loading up with the units :D. The only thing is this lit class is ONLY for frosh who failed their first writing class... so I don't know if I can get in but we'll see :eek:.

I'm sorry you have to go through all this unnecessary trouble. I strongly suggest you re-send that email you sent in November to your counselor and possibly cc Ms. Jeaneane White. She's very good at getting back to you. Please double check and make sure you and your friend took the exact same course code, title, units, etc. Why should Western care about your lit class? I thought they're only concerned about your pre-pharmacy prereqs?

Good luck!

What?!?!? did u ask them why it was approved for ur friend but not for u?? sorry about your inconvenience!!! i would be so frustrated if this happened to me :(

seems like they are a little disorganized with everything, not notifying ppl when things are missing, calling just DAYS before the interview to invite you, etc etc..... :thumbdown:

May be I am lucky. Western's counselor answer my email very quick and I notice that the school follow what they mention in their website.

western does mail letters for interview right? because i thought they only called..

I just called Western today. They told me that they still have not reviewed my application yet. I am scared now* Does anyone get an interview call recently? And they said they wouldn't even look at the pharmcas academic update!:(

For those who got accepted to Western, can you state your stats here?

they told me the same today...
when did you send in your materials?

i turned in my supplemental end of july, pharmcas was sent late august.
i had issues with a LOR, so i didnt get it in until mid november. so im guessing they're going to review my app after the march 1st interview date...which is a HUGE bummer.

goodluck to you!

I just called Western today. They told me that they still have not reviewed my application yet. I am scared now* Does anyone get an interview call recently? And they said they wouldn't even look at the pharmcas academic update!:(

For those who got accepted to Western, can you state your stats here?

??????????

i think she means that admissions prepared the application (i.e. checked that the prerequisites are completed and everything else is in order) and is ready for review by the adcoms...but they havent gotten to the evaluation at this point...at least thats what i understood when i called

about the academic update...not sure what to say about that.

??????????

Just got a call for the march interview. Pick up calls from 909 area code.

i think she means that admissions prepared the application (i.e. checked that the prerequisites are completed and everything else is in order) and is ready for review by the adcoms...but they havent gotten to the evaluation at this point...at least thats what i understood when i called

about the academic update...not sure what to say about that.

I am sorry for the confusion. They told me that they do not care about academic update on pharmcas even though you make a great improvement in fall qtr or not. They will just review the application by the time that you submit it. Whatever happen after you submit the application, they don't really care! =(

I got a call today for an interview March 1st! SOOO SOON!!!

I got a call today for an interview March 1st! SOOO SOON!!!
Yeahh, i got mine at 1 today too. I have a midterm this Friday and another one on the following Monday. :scared: Good lucks to people who are still waiting for interview invitation.

for those who just got a call for an interview what are your stats please? i am just worried that my stats might be too low and that is why i still havent heard from them

I just had my friend call Western! They are calling all applicants for March 1st interviews today!!! They said that they're still pulling out more files(?) and probably won't be done till tomorrow. So those who haven't received any calls today, don't loose hope. We still have tomorrow!!

Also, I spoke to the admission coordinator couple weeks ago, and she said that they are not expecting any updates of fall semester's grades but will need them ONCE YOU'RE ACCEPTED.

I just had my friend call Western! They are calling all applicants for March 1st interviews today!!! They said that they're still pulling out more files(?) and probably won't be done till tomorrow. So those who haven't received any calls today, don't loose hope. We still have tomorrow!!

Also, I spoke to the admission coordinator couple weeks ago, and she said that they are not expecting any updates of fall semester's grades but will need them ONCE YOU'RE ACCEPTED.

G-d willing we will all hear good news from them soon.

They called my friend for the March 1st interview about a week or two ago...so I don't think they just started today...?

That would be me, and I've begun to think that they lost my application... lol oh well!

ah i'm starting to think that too now...i never even got that online thing where u can check ur status..i wonder if they even saw my application or no

ah i'm starting to think that too now...i never even got that online thing where u can check ur status..i wonder if they even saw my application or no

it should be ok as long as you have received an email saying that your file is ready to be evaluated. I turned in my app late Sept and received that email late Oct. I didnt receive any link to check my app status, and I still got invited to the interview on 02/29.

it should be ok as long as you have received an email saying that your file is ready to be evaluated. I turned in my app late Sept and received that email late Oct. I didnt receive any link to check my app status, and I still got invited to the interview on 02/29.

oh ok ya then i guess i should just wait now...can u please tell me ur stats since u have received an interview? thank you

got an interview call for March 1st last friday. woot woot! though i wish my partner in crime will get a call soon so he could join me. :laugh:

oh ok ya then i guess i should just wait now...can u please tell me ur stats since u have received an interview? thank you

Here is my stats:
Cum. GPA: 3.8 at the time the app submitted; 3.78 including fall grades
Need another biochem class to finish prerequisites
Pharm. experience: 1 year (at different places)
Volunteered 3 months in hospital pharmacy
Attending UCLA
(wont have BS degree until ..win 09')

I am so glad that they still want to know more about me (since without a BS, my stats couldn't be considered good). I hope you will get an invitation soon. :luck: to you

Here are my stats:
Attending UCLA

I am so glad that they still want to know more about me (since without a BS, my stats couldn't be considered good). I hope you will get an invitation soon. :luck: to you

thank you so much! :luck: to you too!

Here is my stats:
Attending UCLA

Nerd! Just kidding. Did you apply to SC, SF, SD?

Nerd! Just kidding. Did you apply to SC, SF, SD?

lol, I applied to USC, not SF SD because i wasnt confident about my "late coming" BS ;). How about you? My friend said that I should have applied to many schools, but i just dont think it s necessary. What is the point for applying if I dont believe that i would get accepted? :p

lol, I applied to USC, not SF SD because i wasnt confident about my "late coming" BS ;). How about you? My friend said that I should have applied to many schools, but i just dont think it s necessary. What is the point for applying if I dont believe that i would get accepted? :p

have u received western's response after the interview? good luck hope u get in! :)

The school will leave a message on the phone if you don't pick up, right? I got a letter saying that my application is ready to review a while ago, but still waiting to hear from them. Kinda getting worried.:confused:

Actually Western do notify for interviews weeks in advanced--I had at least 3 weeks; however, I think they continue to call up til the day before the interview because people drop out and so forth and they want to give as many applicants chances as possible. So in a way, I'm glad they take the time to call even if it is late--because for people who haven't gotten interviews yet they would love to go late notice or not.

For interviews, they call you first, email then mail.

Don't worry about the interview too much--just be yourself! Make sure you stress how much you love pharmacy and enjoy teamwork :)

Good luck everyone! I hope to see you guys next year.

Hi Everyone

I enjoyed speaking to all of you during the interview. I was one of the hosts (the P4 student). If I didn't get to speak to you, I apologize. If you guys have any questions, please let me know. Did you guys have a pleasant experience?

Thanks,

Mike Wang
Class of 2008

Hi Everyone

I enjoyed speaking to all of you during the interview. I was one of the hosts (the P4 student). If I didn't get to speak to you, I apologize. If you guys have any questions, please let me know. Did you guys have a pleasant experience?

Thanks,

Mike Wang
Class of 2008

It was such a great welcome from current students at WesternU. Thank you so much for that.
Mike, I didnt have any hard question or senario solving question in my interview, and i was asked only 5 questions. Do you think it is a bad sign? I dont know what was wrong with me that day that i couldnt say things smoothly :(.

Hi Everyone

Thanks,

Mike Wang
Class of 2008

Thanks Mike for answering all of my questions and being patient with me. Hopefully good news will come soon. I had a good experience there compare to the past. Thank you for everything!!