Anyone just take practice tests with no content review?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted74029

Anyone have success simply by taking a great amount of practice tests and reviewing those and not doing any or just a little content review?

Members don't see this ad.

That was my strategy at first. I figured I'll learn by reading the answer key. But then I realized...

1. Practice tests cost a lot (though... I guess so do review books...). And there are only so many of them.

2. I kept on missing pretty simple questions that were knowledge-based (and only pop up like once in every 10 tests or something), especially in the biology section. As a chemistry major, PS was mediocre for me, but BS was horrible without some reviewing. After just going through the review books, scores went up, definitely.

i.e. I wouldn't recommend it... (I wasted some good practice tests because I started out this way... I should have stopped taking so many when I obviously wasn't ready!)

depends on how strong a background you have already...im a bio major and just finished physics at school so i didnt do any content review...i had about 15 practice tests that i took every other day starting a few weeks before the exam...i havent gotten my scores back yet but i think (hope) i did pretty decently...my advice would be to take a practice test and see where you stand on it...if you got a bunch of stand alones wrong and its because you're missing some fundamental content, go do the content review, but if it's just mcat reasoning problems, just take more pract tests