Anyone know about Wayne State undergrad and med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JulianCrane

The Power of Intention
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about taking physics at Wayne State this summer to fulfill pre-med requirements. Anyone know anything about the physics courses there? Also, I'm interested in finding out more about its medical school. Do graduates get good residencies and what is the curriculum type?

Members don't see this ad.

the curriculum is very traditional. the school is great for hands on type experience though; it's located in the heart of downtown detroit, and in the middle of four surrounding hospitals... LITERALLY RIGHT around the school. When I did a tour of the med school it kinda reminded me of high school again though... can't place my finger on it. It's not in the top listed medical schools on USnews... but it's WELL respected in the surrounding areas, including Ann Arbor and Lansing (Where UoM and Michigan State, respectifully, are).

Physics? No clue. it's just another undergrad school and physics is just another undergrad class... don't fret... whether you have a good or bad physics teacher really won't matter, it's one of those classes that you really just have to sit down and practice practice practice. And come MCAT, Kaplan and Princeton Review have great Physics reviews.... surely better than most undergrad course-packs!