Anyone know anyone who wasn't accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sistermike

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of anyone who was never accepted into med school and if so, what did they end up doing?

Members don't see this ad.

A friend of mine applied for three consecutive years and failed to gain entry to an allopathic school. She is starting at an osteopathic program this year.

I got shot down a couple times before getting in this year. If I had not my plan was to go to a 1 year masters program at Georgetown or BU or chicago (geared spec. for those trying to get into school). The stats are impressive. Something like 94% of the grads get into med school. Only drawback is they are all about 30 grand. Go to one of the websites and it is an odd sounding program.... master of applied physiology or something the like.

i finally got in this year after my 3rd try. I got in late too so i was planning on retaking the mcat, reapplying, applying to the carribeans, and applying to a postbacc program at UCSD. Never give up!