Anyone know anything about St. Raphael's (New Haven) TY?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstudent87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Apparently my anesthesia interview at Yale counted as my interview for this TY program, so I'm thinking about ranking it. Thing is, I know NOTHING about it. There is very little info about it online and I'm hesitant about asking the coordinator for more info this late in the game. Plus, I contacted her earlier this week just to ask if I was on their list of applicants, and she still hasn't replied.
I'm guessing the lack of online info and difficulty in contacting people has to do with the fact that Yale very recently bought up their hospital, shut down their old website, and gave them new emails.

Scutwork's latest review on it is from 2003.
SDN search doesn't produce anything.

Members don't see this ad.

I think the PD only meant that your Yale Anesthesia interview counted for the prelim medicine year. I know he mentioned the TY, but the people he told you to contact are all associated with the prelim medicine year, not the TY. I'm almost certain you had to get a separate interview for the TY.

That's what I thought as well, but I contacted someone to double-check...and she told me that it counted for both the prelim medicine and the TY...

Members don't see this ad :)
They do 13 4-week blocks
5 medicine: 1 MICU 1 tele (step down unit) 1 cards 1 general IM 1 night float
2 surgery: 1 gen surg 1 SICU
1.5 ambulatory peds
0.5 rads
1 ER
2 elective
1 vacation

They might up the electives to 2.5 and eliminate 0.5 of night float.

They do 13 4-week blocks
1.5 ambulatory peds
0.5 rads
1 ER
2 elective
1 vacation

And the TY's there seemed relatively happy?

They do 13 4-week blocks
1.5 ambulatory peds
0.5 rads
1 ER
2 elective
1 vacation

Cush?