Anyone Know How to Video Record Lectures?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefuldentistry

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I am taking a few classes and some classes in in particular like Histology and Anatomy are very visual and I was thinking of trying to video record lectures. Does anyone know how to realistically do this without looking like a weirdo? I feel like if I bring a big bulky camcorder and film it during class people are going to stare at me like a weirdo.

So does anyone know of any good ways to record videos where the quality is good but maybe its something you can sit on a desk and just press record and have it record with good quality visual and audio? Or anything that would catch marker on a whiteboard so I don't have to worry about copying everything down the teacher writes on the board?

Members don't see this ad.

If you have a PC Laptop, use OneNote which integrates typed notes with audio by timestamp...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I appreciate the response and information but I am wondering if anyone has any ideas of recording video lectures. Some med and dental schools do it so I know it's possible. Sometimes they point at very specific parts of the slides and talk a mile a minute so its hard to put my notes in there and plus that requires printing out all my histo slides etc.... I don't really want to go into the reasoning I'm just curious if anyone knows how to video record lectures. thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I appreciate the response and information but I am wondering if anyone has any ideas of recording video lectures. Some med and dental schools do it so I know it's possible. Sometimes they point at very specific parts of the slides and talk a mile a minute so its hard to put my notes in there and plus that requires printing out all my histo slides etc.... I don't really want to go into the reasoning I'm just curious if anyone knows how to video record lectures. thanks

The med/dent schools that do it usually present power points or something along with the lecture and the teacher records it for the entire class. I highly doubt that individual students set up camcorders to do that just for themselves.

Last edited:
@dfgdfgdsfgdsfg that's what I was thinking would be more realistic. that way the teacher won't know I'm video recording it and I can work on my laptop while I take notes and video record. Does anyone know any good ones?

Last edited:
omg dude go view another thread, I just meant it wont disrupt or distract them like a big recorder would. Yes, I always ask permission beforehand and almost every teacher says they are fine with it

omg dude go view another thread, I just meant it wont disrupt or distract them like a big recorder would. Yes, I always ask permission beforehand and almost every teacher says they are fine with it

Haha all right I see where the misunderstanding came from. Good luck with the video recording!