Anyone know if programs contact matched applicants today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NYCCARDSDOC2B

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that it is against the NMRP match policy but I was wondering if anyone has heard of this happening. For example, getting a call from the program director.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

We had an event today for my entire class. I was told by one of my deans that he saw the list for the whole school but he hasn't told anybody anything. I haven't heard of anybody in my class getting a phone call.

I did hear about a story in which somebody on the West Coast got a call on the morning of Match Day from some program on the East Coast congratulating them, not realizing that they hadn't yet had their Match Day letter opening event.

My wife and I got a call either Match afternoon or the day after from the program director congratulating us on matching.

Enjoy this evening, folks--there aren't many better feelings in the world than to be with your classmates celebrating matching...better than graduation, I'd say...

DS

The program may have assumed the person checked the NRMP website. We can all view our match online at 1 pm EST which would be 10 AM on the West Coast, so unless they made a 8 or 9 AM phone call, I understand this. Maybe they thought the person would have been curious and checked at 10 AM rather than waiting until 12 noon Pacific time.

We had an event today for my entire class. I was told by one of my deans that he saw the list for the whole school but he hasn't told anybody anything. I haven't heard of anybody in my class getting a phone call.

I did hear about a story in which somebody on the West Coast got a call on the morning of Match Day from some program on the East Coast congratulating them, not realizing that they hadn't yet had their Match Day letter opening event.