Anyone know if you can substitute Cell Bio or Genetics for Second Semester Intro Bio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FreakyFreak

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a really hard time staying awake during any plant/ evolution lections in first semester Bio so I am trying to avoid second semester Intro Bio. Can I take Cell Bio or Genetics to satisfy the Med school prereques ?

Members don't see this ad.

FreakyFreak said:
I have a really hard time staying awake during any plant/ evolution lections in first semester Bio so I am trying to avoid second semester Intro Bio. Can I take Cell Bio or Genetics to satisfy the Med school prereques ?

I took only cell bio and genetics to fulfill the bio prereq requirements. However, schools that require genetics will probably want you to take a third separate bio course to make up the full number of prereq courses. Nebraska, for example, was inflexible on this. So beware.

From glancing at my now torn and soda-stained MSAR, most schools don't care.

Now I'm throwing my MSAR away. Good riddence!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've never had an intro level biology course. I took Cell Bio and Human Physiology and no one has said a thing yet.

My school only offered one semester of intro to bio, so I took zoology and genetics. Most schools seem to want 2 semesters of biology, but I don't think they care as much what that second semester of biology is. Though I do vagualy (sp?) remember reading some school specifically wanting zoology. You might just check with the schools you plan to apply to. The MSAR is a great start.