Anyone know of any 1-2 year AEGDs or GPRs that are heavy in Prosth?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cybermech

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard of the AEGD at BU that's supposed to be like a shortened Prosth residency. Anyone else hear of similar programs?

I'm not really interested in medical management, OR, trauma, or emergency dentistry.

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard of the AEGD at BU that's supposed to be like a shortened Prosth residency. Anyone else hear of similar programs?

I'm not really interested in medical management, OR, trauma, or emergency dentistry.

If you really interested in prosthetic dentistry, why not do a grad program in prosthodontics? Even if you find a decent AEGD/GPR that does a lot of pros you'll never cover as much as you would in a pros program.

Typically even the pros oriented GPRs are heavily focused on medically compromised patients and OR treatment. AEGDs typically are just like another year of dental school and often you have to pay for those programs. With either of these programs, you'll not get to experience full-mouth dentistry in only 1 year.

Find a VA program in pros that will pay a stipend and you'll do more pros than you've ever imagined :)

If you want to be a GP with an emphasis in pros, then you can inquire about some AEGD/GPR programs that has a large component in prosthetics and I am sure there are some out there. However, you will never gain an indepth understanding in prosthetic field until you do the pros residency. I spend 4 years with pros stuff coming out of my ears from dusk to dawn and I am still learning new things every day. DP