• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

cybermech

10+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2006
Honolulu, HI
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I've heard of the AEGD at BU that's supposed to be like a shortened Prosth residency. Anyone else hear of similar programs?

I'm not really interested in medical management, OR, trauma, or emergency dentistry.

mike3kgt

Hopefully scuba diving
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
I've heard of the AEGD at BU that's supposed to be like a shortened Prosth residency. Anyone else hear of similar programs?

I'm not really interested in medical management, OR, trauma, or emergency dentistry.

If you really interested in prosthetic dentistry, why not do a grad program in prosthodontics? Even if you find a decent AEGD/GPR that does a lot of pros you'll never cover as much as you would in a pros program.

Typically even the pros oriented GPRs are heavily focused on medically compromised patients and OR treatment. AEGDs typically are just like another year of dental school and often you have to pay for those programs. With either of these programs, you'll not get to experience full-mouth dentistry in only 1 year.

Find a VA program in pros that will pay a stipend and you'll do more pros than you've ever imagined :)

Dr. Dai Phan

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2005
Blythewood, South Carolina
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist

If you want to be a GP with an emphasis in pros, then you can inquire about some AEGD/GPR programs that has a large component in prosthetics and I am sure there are some out there. However, you will never gain an indepth understanding in prosthetic field until you do the pros residency. I spend 4 years with pros stuff coming out of my ears from dusk to dawn and I am still learning new things every day. DP

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.