anyone know of any PGy2 positions for 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

monkeyface

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you have heard of any PGY2 spots for 2007. i know a lot of programs get approved for extra spots this time of year, and wondering if anyone knew of any. I have already done my prelim, and am willing to go anywhere a spot becomes available.
thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard it rumored that Utah was approved for another spot and will be accepting PGY-2's. I have not confirmed it, but it's worth looking into..

I think UT southwestern was trying to get approval for another spot. If they got approval, they may be interested in picking up a PGY2.

UT Southwestern was a great program, by the way. I interviewed at another program the day before UT Southwestern and one of the guys spent 20 out of 30 minutes telling how great a program UT Southwestern was (completely neglecting his own program).

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys for the info, i will check out these two programs.

We are requesting more spots as are many other programs. It will be a while until they are actually granted. If we get more spots, I don't think the power that be has decided whether they will select another PGY2 out of match or use them for future matches.

Thank you very much for the excellent review.

I hope everyone's match day went well. We are very happy with our match, too.

I am looking for PGY2 which would be R1 I think. by the way I called the UT southwestern program today and they denied anything about opening up a spot, and said that the next time they would look at applicants would be for 2009.