kugel

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
I'm in a position where I can probably get away for 7-10 days a couple times a year, even easier for 4-5 days, to do medical mission work. I don't need it to be religiously-based. I've tried the major organizations (Doctors Without Borders, etc) in the past, but they either have no interest in psychiatrists or they want a 6-month commitment.

I could easily do a few days someplace in the US or longer time in another country.

Any thoughts?

OldPsychDoc

Senior Curmudgeon
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2004
Left of Center
Status
Attending Physician
I'm in a position where I can probably get away for 7-10 days a couple times a year, even easier for 4-5 days, to do medical mission work. I don't need it to be religiously-based. I've tried the major organizations (Doctors Without Borders, etc) in the past, but they either have no interest in psychiatrists or they want a 6-month commitment.

I could easily do a few days someplace in the US or longer time in another country.

Any thoughts?
You might check with the indian health service. I've had a colleague in the past who would get flown in to a remote reservation for a weekend on a regular basis to do psych stuff. They might have a gig for you that fits your availability.

OP
K

kugel

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
You might check with the indian health service. I've had a colleague in the past who would get flown in to a remote reservation for a weekend on a regular basis to do psych stuff. They might have a gig for you that fits your availability.
GREAT thought!
Thank You