Anyone Know The Answer To This?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clement

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When programs download your application, are they able to see who your LOR writers are before applying a board score filter? Or does the filter supercede? I'm guessing only a PD would know the answer to this...

Members don't see this ad.

When programs download your application, are they able to see who your LOR writers are before applying a board score filter? Or does the filter supercede? I'm guessing only a PD would know the answer to this...

It depends on how they apply the filters. But if they start with "Show me only apps with Step 1 >XXX" and your score is

GutOnc appears to be cut off in mid stream. As stated, if a program sets a filter of a certain minimum score, then your application will be sorted by score and not by whom wrote your LOR. I can filter / sort by number of LOR's received, but not by whom they were written.

GutOnc appears to be cut off in mid stream. As stated, if a program sets a filter of a certain minimum score, then your application will be sorted by score and not by whom wrote your LOR. I can filter / sort by number of LOR's received, but not by whom they were written.

I went back to edit that and it looks like it deleted it instead. Awesome.

What I meant was that if the filter is set to a Step 1 score of >XXX and your Step 1 score is <XXX, the PD will never get to see that the Buddha, Jesus and Mohammed wrote your LORs.

What I meant was that if the filter is set to a Step 1 score of >XXX and your Step 1 score is <XXX, the PD will never get to see that the Buddha, Jesus and Mohammed wrote your LORs.

:thumbup::laugh:

Damn. I only got Gandhi, Mother Theresa, and God (well, a surgeon who thinks he's God) to write my letters. Good thing my Step 1 score is >XXX. ;)

I have a question regarding these filters and number of LOR's. Most programs want 3 LOR's and they are about a week behind on scanning from the date they received my third one. Will the filter continously run updated applications that meet the requirement say one to two weeks later? Or is it better to wait that extra week or two? It's obviously not as simple as a StepI score which everyone already has at this stage in their medical school career and is not subject to change. Thanks

I have a question regarding these filters and number of LOR's. Most programs want 3 LOR's and they are about a week behind on scanning from the date they received my third one. Will the filter continously run updated applications that meet the requirement say one to two weeks later? Or is it better to wait that extra week or two? It's obviously not as simple as a StepI score which everyone already has at this stage in their medical school career and is not subject to change. Thanks
Everytime I access the "ERAS Post Office" and download new documents, the filters are all updated. If I have a filter set for >=3 letters, once your third letter arrives your app will filter into my review pile.

Excellent! That is exactly what I was wondering and it is good to know it updates the "complete applications" pile each time. Hopefully most places are as savy with their filters as you guys. Thanks for the information :)