Anyone know this answer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Biostats.moore

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of retaking the MCAT this august b/c I got a 28N in April. My questions is...Will some schools offer interviews based on this score if it's decent enough for their school, or will they wait until my final August scores come out? Also, would retaking in August delay my application for some schools?

Thanks, any help would be nice.

Members don't see this ad.

almost all of them will wait for your new scores

Biostats.moore said:
I'm thinking of retaking the MCAT this august b/c I got a 28N in April. My questions is...Will some schools offer interviews based on this score if it's decent enough for their school, or will they wait until my final August scores come out? Also, would retaking in August delay my application for some schools?

I doubt most schools have a hard "cutoff" for screening applications that is at or above a 28. I'm sure you will be fine getting past these initial screening stages with that score. I wouldn't worry too much, unless your MCAT scores go down on the retake. Study hard and practice, practice, practice! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Biostats.moore said:

I know a girl who applied last year and was very unhappy with her score...She scored a 27 or 28 on the MCAT and checked the retake option on AMCAS...Well she recieved interviews in August and was accepted to 3 schools in October even before her new MCAT scores were released.

Apply and retake, covers both bases. Good luck studying!