Anyone knows Divine Tracy Hotel?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Barbara

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

have you heard of Divine Tracy Hotel, 5 min from University of Pen? Have you been there, if yes, how is it. Please be honest.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Stay with a student host, if at all possible. Save money and learn more about the school, plus they'll make sure you're where you're supposed to be in the morning!! :)

Thanks for warning. My friend who lives on campus of UPen checked out that Divine Tracy place and he could not believe what he saw...
How would I get in touch with student host? I don't go to UPen. I will be in the area to take the EK class -Dexter University.

Many Thanks :clap:

Originally posted by DW
yeah, the chances its a shady dive are pretty high :laugh:

:laugh:

Sorry kaos, did not work out, but it's always good to check. Right?

hey--

i am an undergrad here at penn, and DT hotel seems mad shady, from what i hear. i mean its okay if you just need somewhere to stay for the nite, but if you can look into another option, i'd recommend it. penn is in west philly, so you can never be 100% sure, although that goes for alot of places. you may want to look into the inn at penn, but its pretty expensive- or the university sheraton. (all closer to campus than DT hotel). let me know if you have any more questions about penn- i'd be glad to answer them-- the med school here is FANTASTIC-- amazing facilities!

good luck!!

hello lalalala,

thank you for being honest about DT hotel. I am certainly NOT checking in. By the way, I need an apartment to rent for the spring semester (January 1, 2003 - April 27, 2003). My budget is 952 dollars a month INCLUDING utilities.

I called all the hotels in Philli via hotels.com, cheaphotels.com, hoteldiscount.com, hotelguide.com, save.com, acenet.com, condosavers.com, allhotels.com, hotelrates.com........you name it, I tried it all.....there is NOT one hotel I could afford to stay for 4 months (117 nights). The cheapest one is 69.99/night. That's far away from my budget, which is $34/night OR 952/month.

I was thinking I will ask about an employee discount at University Sheraton and if with a discount, one night going to cost me as little as $34/night, I will APPLY to work for Sheraton in my area for the season ending at the end of December.

What do you think? Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you so much lalalala.

why don't you sublet an apt/room somewhere?

So the Divine Tracy name made me think of a story one of my friends told me. He liked to listen to truckers talking on CBs.

One night one of the truckers said, "hi, this is [insert handle here], I was wondering if someone could tell me where I could get a date? Yeah, I would like to *pay* for a *date*."

And someone responded..."Go to the Best Western on [insert road here], and ask for Tammy. She'll take care of you."

This blows. I'm really considering staying over the night before my Monday the 28th interview @ Drexel, now I don't have a place to stay that isn't shady or seedy or expensive. :( Maybe I should just rush over from D.C. the morning of.

morning kaos,

why don't you just stay overnight in University Sheraton or Inn at Philli; they are right next to Dexrel. If you want, you can book the rate at above websites shown in my post. You will have a comfortable, clean room, peace of mind and you can focus on your interview. I believe for Sharaton, they were offering the rate of 89.99 per night, which is OK to stay for ONE night only. Plus, you get the free breakfast, NO RUNNING around the morning of your interview. You don't want to get in all stressed out, but relaxed and yourself. Think about it!

Barb

Don't have to worry about fighting traffic if you stay there too. ;)

hey barbara

i would definitely suggest that you sublet a place from someone on either the penn or drexel campus. alot of students go abroad spring semester and need to rent out their place. you may want to check out chestnut hall, which is on 39th and chestnut. i think the rent is like 700 a month and lots of students live there, and it's pretty safe.

this link for sublets may help
http://ocl-serv2.busi.upenn.edu/

its the UPENN off campus housing link

i think there are also new apartments on the drexel side as well, i can see them from where i live.

http://www.campusapts.com/

this link may be helpful as well

and for those who want to just know about overnite stays, i would recommend university city sheraton, i would assume its much cheaper than inn at penn, which is notoriously expensive

Thanks lalalala,

I will call up the Campus Apts on Monday. I checked out their website and they even offer a bus shuttle, which you phone to pick you up from any place at Univesity City.

This was nice of you to provide so detailed info. :)