Anyone live and/or going to school in IL?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cpb80

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If so, would ya' happen to know, which is the best cell phone service? I'm almost def. attending UIC-Chicago, and I am thinking about switching from Verizon, if there are better plans. Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

It's hard to say which is the best cell phone service, since all the major carriers probably serve Chicago.

The best way, however, is to check if UIC-area (and your apartment) fall into one of the "dead zones" of wireless coverage:

http://www.deadzones.com

Hope this helps...

wild0ne said:
It's hard to say which is the best cell phone service, since all the major carriers probably serve Chicago.

The best way, however, is to check if UIC-area (and your apartment) fall into one of the "dead zones" of wireless coverage:

http://www.deadzones.com

Hope this helps...

much appreciated :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
sprint probably has the best coverage and phones but their contract committments and requirements suck. Tmobile has good plans and decent phones but sometimes their signal is not very good in common areas. Verizon has got a pretty good system set up with good coverage, phones, and plans. I would probably stick with that. But check them all out. US cellular ain't bad but I don't know many people with it.
Good luck.

in my experience, att/cingular and sprint suck in chicago and verizon is the best (my friends who have verizon always get reception when i dont and there are no instances in which ive gotten reception and they havent). funny that you're switching from verizon....i think im switching to verizon!

I would stick with Verizon. I have never had trouble with it in Chicago or in Champaign Urbana. There is a crappy spot along I-57 near Kankakee. Reception is pretty bad but if you are in the cities you shouldn’t have trouble. I also advise considering the service of those you call often. My best friends are all on Verizon. When we talk all the minutes go into our mobile to mobile minutes; just something to consider.:)