Anyone loving their EM rotation as much as I did?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EMFO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any other MS4ers enjoying their EM rotations as much as I am? I waited all last year and now finally a ms4, and just like I thought, I'm having such a good time and some days I would learn more in a day than I did in weeks at other rotations last year. In the ER it has been so crazy busy and they see so much of the sickest sh** that made me drool. EM docs are also the most down-to-earth yet highly capable group of coolest people. Maybe it's the ER I'm at, and I'll do more rotations elsewhere later, but it's totally a career confirmation thus far. Anyone else feeling the same about EM??

Members don't see this ad.

Hear, hear! I had some concerns that I might dislike EM the way I've disliked my other rotations: after a few days of "hey, I really dig pediatrics!" I devolved rapidly into "damn, another day of pediatrics?" But I'm in my second week, avidly reading Tintinalli and brushing up on ACLS, jumping at charts even if they're narcopenic frequent fliers, and looking forward to every shift. I love the staff, I love the docs, and I love the medicine. Woo HOO!

Members don't see this ad :)
But I'm in my second week, avidly reading Tintinalli and brushing up on ACLS, jumping at charts even if they're narcopenic frequent fliers, and looking forward to every shift.

Well, aren't you in luck? I have a never ending supply of hypovicodinemic patients that I'd be more than happy for you to come down and see.

Sounds like a great deal to me! :)

Take care,
Jeff

What, so you can work up all the drunken legals? I don't think so. :)

Any other MS4ers enjoying their EM rotations as much as I am? I waited all last year and now finally a ms4, and just like I thought, I'm having such a good time and some days I would learn more in a day than I did in weeks at other rotations last year. In the ER it has been so crazy busy and they see so much of the sickest sh** that made me drool. EM docs are also the most down-to-earth yet highly capable group of coolest people. Maybe it's the ER I'm at, and I'll do more rotations elsewhere later, but it's totally a career confirmation thus far. Anyone else feeling the same about EM??
I was relieved that I had finally found something I thought I wanted to do. I finished my third year worrying that maybe I would have to go into research or something because I didn't like any specialty enough to want to do it for forty years. People told me that I'd know when the right thing came along and I guess it's true. It's just hard to suck it up for so long. I really hate rounding and rounding and rounding. In the ED you never know what you're going to see, and you're busy working instead of sitting around talking.