Anyone match in Texas and waiting for their PIT permit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blahblah56

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Submitted my PIT (physician in training) permit application at the end of March and have yet to hear from the TMB. I'm sure with COVID there's less staff, but I was hoping to at least hear back so that I can start submitting other documents like the Form L. Anyone in the same situation?

Members don't see this ad.

Same...has anyone tried to call their office for status check?

you will get a better response if you email. Make sure you have paid, and the payment has been processed. At this point in time, of the 140odd that we have asked for this year, we have received all but 45. And those are mostly fellows, waiting on Form L's. Hint: if you have applied, and paid, but know you need either a Form L or Form R, you can get those sent in. Make sure you include your TMB ID# on any correspondence.

And if you have a gmail address, double check your junk/spam folder. For some reason, their emails seem to end up there more often than not.

And if you have a gmail address, double check your junk/spam folder. For some reason, their emails seem to end up there more often than not.

I checked my email but no message since 2 weeks ago.

Which email address do you use to contact them for status? I used [email protected]

Is that right?

It's been 3 weeks and I had it paid by my program the day I submitted the application.

PS: Are you supposed to get some sort of confirmation email when you submit your PIT application? I didn't get any

Last edited:
I actually just checked the LOOKUP my license on the Texas Medical Board website, and my PTI number and license were issued. I submitted my application on April 8th. I didn't receive any email that my PTI was ready.

I actually just checked the LOOKUP my license on the Texas Medical Board website, and my PTI number and license were issued. I submitted my application on April 8th. I didn't receive any email that my PTI was ready.

Did you get any confirmation email when you submitted your PIT? I submitted mine a week before yours but still nothing on LOOKUP

@blendermd Yes that is the correct email address. No, I do not believe that they send any emails that it is ready. They do send confirmation faxes to your institution when the PIT has been issued. The only emails you will get from them will be if they need additional information.