Anyone not able to load up Duke secondary essays?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kilroth

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
"incorrect key passed to editjs.cfm"

Already did the 5 short ones so hope they are not lost...

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by kilroth
"incorrect key passed to editjs.cfm"

Already did the 5 short ones so hope they are not lost...

I had this EXACT error. They could never fix it. Just go to a computer lab and copy and paste from a word file. I think thats the best (and only) way to handle it.

It might be a DSL router firewall or something? I really have no idea but my account works at other people's houses when I use IE6 (Built into WindowsXP). Try turning off firewalls or whatnot. If that doesnt work, just copy and paste at someone else's house or the computer lab.

I just went to a computer lab and I still get the same error. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. It has to be done this week!

Members don't see this ad :)
When is the due date on the Duke apps?

I have about a week but now I have all others done (except finch) so I have time to work on it. I just emailed admissions but no telling how long it will take for them to respond. It's not loading up the processor you type the essays in...

The essay is due 2 weeks after you receive the email, which for me would be August 25th.

I have the exact same editjs.cfm error and they couldnt fix it. I dont know what else to tell you, I had to try several computers before I found one that worked. Definitely definitely call them. There is a tech support lady in charge who is real nice and professional about this issue, and they will give you her name and she can help you debug.

But ideally, just forget the debugging and try to log in from a variety of different computers. Youre bound to find one that works properly. THats what I had to do, sorry I cant help yall out any further. Good luck!