Anyone not accepted to USC on Dec. 1st just get an email from them?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Denticles11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got an email from USC saying

"you must be disappointed about not getting in Dec 1st... but you are one of our most valued candidates so please keep us in your future plans"

Anyone else get this?

Members don't see this ad.

"you must be disappointed about not getting in Dec 1st... but you are one of our most valued candidates so please keep us in your future plans"

Anyone else get this?

I received the same email. Did it have a Happy Holidays greeting right after that lol? How thoughtful!

Members don't see this ad :)
can you share the jingle with those of us who did not receive the email please? :laugh:

:laugh: Honestly, not that impressed...but it's the thought that counts I guess:

During this happy season here's wishing you and your families a

Jolly, Jolly,
Merry, Merry,
Happy, Happy,
Joyous ,festive, playing, praying, delicious, eating, sleeping, warm and cozy, twinkling, jingling, dancing and prancing,
Blessed, safe, healthy and magical holiday season.
…in other words, everything good and special…..​

For those who received this email, did you send Dr. Bolivar a thank you email after your interview? I am dying to know what this email is about.

I got a happy holidays email from Dr. Bolivar today.....

She's such a sweet lady... I mean come on, what other dean/asst. dean of admissions would send out an email like that... I was caught completely off guard. It shows a lot about not only her, but gives you a small glimpse into how friendly everyone is at USC (my personal experience)

WTH. Why didn't they send me that e-mail? I don't feel loved. :(

i wasn't accepted dec 1 but got the email :laugh:. it seems like those who got it have a better chance for next time they give out more offers. any1 know when that will be?

Anyone else get this?

I got the e-mail as well at the same time as the OP. It sounds good but I dont want to read into it too much. I wonder if last years interviewees got the same e-mail and what the result of that was. Can anyone from last years application cycle answer this question?

I got the e-mail as well at the same time as the OP. It sounds good but I dont want to read into it too much. I wonder if last years interviewees got the same e-mail and what the result of that was. Can anyone from last years application cycle answer this question?

Anyone from last year get this e-mail?