Anyone not have a single interview as yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmmmmmm

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow this is harder than I expected. Not a single interview, and I know people who have lower stats than mine with atleast two. Have been complete at schools for ages. I don't know much about the whole application process but it just seems like game is over if you don't hear from a school a few days after a complete. Correct me if I am wrong, but thats my feeling.

Thanks...I just needed to release some energy.

Members don't see this ad.

I hope that isn't true. I have no interviews, but I also have no rejections. It feels like ages, but I was complete at my first school at 9/5 so it hasn't even been a month and I am tearing my hair out.

I hope that isn't true. I have no interviews, but I also have no rejections. It feels like ages, but I was complete at my first school at 9/5 so it hasn't even been a month and I am tearing my hair out.

Those getting interviews now have been complete for months. I was done 2 months ago. Don't get your hopes down!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow this is harder than I expected. Not a single interview, and I know people who have lower stats than mine with atleast two. Have been complete at schools for ages. I don't know much about the whole application process but it just seems like game is over if you don't hear from a school a few days after a complete. Correct me if I am wrong, but thats my feeling.

I have to say I think you could be wrong. Some applicants, with stellar stats, get snatched up right away for interviews. Others have to wait months before they hear anything. A friend of mine applied last cycle. He was complete and verfied by AMCAS in mid September (he was an August MCATer). He got an early interview from Case Western. Then, NOTHING--for four months!!! Four months later he got interviews from New York Medical College and Albany as a CA resident. He was accepted to both only a few months before the start of the school year. Unfortunately, there is not way to make sense of what the adcoms may be thinking at any particular school. Maybe they already have a type of person and they are looking for another type. You just never know. I would not start worrying yet. Maybe in a few months you can be justly concerned, but until then, I would try and remain at just annoyed but with a little bit of hope as well. :) Good luck and I know what I said probably didn't make you feel too much better because we're pre-med and we're nuts....eat some chocolate, I swear it helps. I'm gonna be so fat by time I get accepted.POSITIVE VIBES COMING YOUR WAY => =>:luck::luck:

Me too. Just wait, I guess. Been complete since mid August.

i haven't gotten any m.d. interviews yet, and i've been complete for a while now. did you apply to rosalind franklin, wayne, michigan state, or toledo? i'm justifying the no interviews by telling myself they havent given out many.. :scared::(

It's only september. Interviews continue until next April or even May. Patience, patience.

I have two upcoming interviews...but I feel the pain of constant waiting and checking too.

i haven't gotten any m.d. interviews yet, and i've been complete for a while now. did you apply to rosalind franklin, wayne, michigan state, or toledo? i'm justifying the no interviews by telling myself they havent given out many.. :scared::(
I applied to MSU, Wayne, and Toledo. I got a hold from MSU :/ and I haven't heard anything from Wayne or Toledo. I think Wayne is just starting to give out interviews.

You're not alone... not a single interview here yet either and I've been complete most places since mid august.

Darned AMCAS people! I know that they're just sitting there and reading our personal statements rather than verifying grades. I'm not planning for any interviews before Dec...since I won't be complete at schools until next week!

Zero interviews here. I have my fingers crossed.:oops:

My numbers are avg (3.5,32), my EC's are diverse, and I tried to do everything right this time....

I applied to like 20 schools, am complete at about 9 and havent heard anything either.

I feel like crying.

Members don't see this ad :)

I know what you mean. Last year I applied to 18 schools but got 0 interviews. It wasn't because I have a bad appliction, I just applied to the wrong schools (too many reach schools, and added some in November-too late). This year I applied to schools that fit my stats and I already have 6 interviews. As long as you applied to schools that will probably take an interest in you, you are golden. If you are unsure, add those schools that fit. It is not too late to add schools if you get your secondaries in ASAP!

My numbers are avg (3.5,32), my EC's are diverse, and I tried to do everything right this time....

I applied to like 20 schools, am complete at about 9 and havent heard anything either.

I feel like crying.

Hurry and finish up those secondaries, 9 schools is not alot

I couldn't figure out which schools were reach. Do you go by the list in US news and World Report, the Stats in the MSAR or just word of mouth?

I applied across the board and I love every school I applied to, but I do have some favorites that I don't think necessarily coincide with the US NEWS rankings

yea i have been complete at several schools since 9/1 and no word yet. but if you look at interview threads it usualy takes at least a month for most schools after being complete. Other schools haven't even given out interview slots ucla etc. so i wouldn't worry too much. Check the interview thread and see if theres any comparable finds.

Thanks so much everyone for the support.
I have been complete at BU, R.Franklin, Suny Upstate, UChicago, Wayne State and a few others for quite awhile...and when I see others get interviews before me it just stings!!

Ah the joys of being pre-med:)

They'll come!! I got one from Maryland as an OOS and you can tell from my MDapps that I don't have the greatest stats in the world. I also got my first post-secondary rejection from Case so it looks like they're getting to people who were complete in early-mid September.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!! You only need one :)

Agrrrr, same boat. Hurry it up AMCAS!!!

I haven't but I applied later than most people.

No interviews for me yet either, but I am only now finishing up my secondaries…I still have a few more to go…

For UNC, their website says that if they don’t contact you within two weeks after you submit their secondary, you should contact them to schedule your interview. Does anyone know much more about this?

I haven't had any, but my applications were all just complete last week. (Was waiting for my committee letter.)

Crossing my fingers now...

I finished my secondaries by mid-August but still no interviews. Oh yeah, that's because my school still hasn't gotten around to sending out my letter of eval. Now THAT is what I call depressing.

Wow, I feel sorry for you since it's completely out of your control. I was in the same situation a while back and I felt gutted.

I finished my secondaries by mid-August but still no interviews. Oh yeah, that's because my school still hasn't gotten around to sending out my letter of eval. Now THAT is what I call depressing.

I am sure there are a lot of people in our boat. I have been complete from around late July to about a two weeks ago (Utah and Minnesota) and have yet to hear a thing except this is an extremely busy application cycle, which means, a lot of people are going to get accepted to multiple places and the process of matriculation is really going to go up until the first day of class. On the other hand, I was complete at Touro and Western (D.O.s) only two weeks ago and now have a lovely California interview vacation on my hands in a month. My friend's brother is an orthopod and grad of Western so it doesn't matter if you go to Havard, Western or Ross. In the end, they all call you Doctor. Good vibes and best of luck, if I do get in anywhere, I know I can say it was with the most competitive and diverse group of students ever to matriculate.

Most schools don't really start interview season full fledged until October. Those that are interviewing at schools right now are likely stellar applicants who had their stuff in by July. I really, REALLY wouldn't start to worry until January.

i'm waiting too. was complete at most schools last wk. so i guess i should wait patiently for a month or two. but this process is driving me crazy! being jobless doesnt help either as i just spend all of my day checking sdn and my email crazy and watching 4-5 episodes of Avatar-the last airbender again and again and again.........

No interviews for me yet either, but I am only now finishing up my secondaries…I still have a few more to go…

For UNC, their website says that if they don’t contact you within two weeks after you submit their secondary, you should contact them to schedule your interview. Does anyone know much more about this?

where all are you applying pedro?

being jobless doesnt help either as i just spend all of my day checking sdn and my email crazy and watching 4-5 episodes of Avatar-the last airbender again and again and again.........

Lol, it's ok ;) I just started my job and look where I am...still on SDN. (gotta love those PCR reactions...:sleep:)

It's frustrating to see my status perpetually stuck in the "preliminary review" stage even though I see people posting interview offers despite being complete after I was.

i'm waiting too. was complete at most schools last wk. so i guess i should wait patiently for a month or two. but this process is driving me crazy! being jobless doesnt help either as i just spend all of my day checking sdn and my email crazy and watching 4-5 episodes of Avatar-the last airbender again and again and again.........

I feel you on having no job. That process is almost as bad as the med school app process. Ok, well maybe not as bad but it is certainly frustrating. I really hope they don't care when I'm interviewed and I have to explain I work at Starbucks or something.

I'm reviving this thread in the hopes that it will provide a center of comraderie and hope for those of us who are still waiting for interview invite #1. I really hope I'm not alone in this...? It is killing me.

I am still waiting too! I have been complete at most of my schools ranging from 3-5 weeks. But I think Adcoms are just overwhelmed at the moment. Last year the August MCATers would only just be getting their scores back and just getting their secondaries in. This year they were able to get their applications in MUCH sooner...I just keep teeling myself that this is why I have not heard anything yet! On the positive side I have not been rejected yet either!!

complete at most places mid-late august, still no interviews... wondering if i should call the offices to ask about being reviewed for over a month?

I'm in the same boat. Not a peep from anyone, but complete since mid to late August. I think we may be on the front to middle of the really heavy applicant pool. I'm going to give it until the end of this week, then make an exploratory phone call to one of the schools and see what they say. Some schools explicitly say "DO NOT CALL", so obviously, I won't call them. It'd be nice if they could give some kind of update, even if just a simple generic notice on their websites if in fact the reason is sheer volume.

I've been complete since late July to August. No interviews yet. It is a waiting game though. I got 2 interviews last year despite not having great stats and applying late, so it's possible.

Patience is definitely important in this process!

I'm still waiting too :confused:,...been completed at most schools since the beginning of September (except for Tulane...which for some reason, after telling me I was complete on 9/6...now tell me that my app was complete on 9/27). So much for trying to get things in relatively early. :rolleyes:

Will start calling some schools in a week or two to check if my apps have at least been reviewed or not...

No interviews yet... but I called UCI and I should be going under review at their next meeting.

None yet...but I've only recently been complete at my state schools and a 1 or 2 out of state for about a week:(...

No interviews yet... but I called UCI and I should be going under review at their next meeting.

Hrm...you have me wondering if I should call UCSD or UCLA. Do you think it sped things up, or that it just helped you relax? :)

Hrm...you have me wondering if I should call UCSD or UCLA. Do you think it sped things up, or that it just helped you relax? :)
I didn't get the impression that my call sped anything up.

i was verified in July. most of my applications were complete by september.

i have 16 interview offers now. dont plan to go to all of them however.

i was verified in July. most of my applications were complete by september.

i have 16 interview offers now. dont plan to go to all of them however.
Way to ruin the spirit of the thread. +pissed+

No, there's like 90 threads of people wondering what tie to wear or whether speaking too many languages will help or hurt them or how to deal with all the attention they are getting from all the many medical schools who suddenly want a piece of them.

This thread is for those of us who need to check in just to know that we aren't alone in not being picked first on the playground.

C'mon. It's just a small corner of the schoolyard. Can't we congregate here?

And, ahem, it's not for braggards, Mr./Ms. 16 interviews. So git lost (congrats, though).

I feel like crying.

i have very similar numbers to you except your mcat is 1 point higher and my bcpm is higher. ive been complete for almost 2 months now and still nothing. We must be feeling the same thing. :(

You applied late, which probably hurt you but you have interviews so don't worry. Also your list was a little weird.