Anyone not heard back from Columbia after fall interviews?

2ne1

7+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
I had my interview at Columbia in September and still haven't heard back yet. I have been anxiously waiting but I always find nothing in the mail box. I am located in Southern Cali and was wondering if there is anyone who havent heard back from Columbia after early interviews. I tried calling them but it goes automatically to Diana Lugo's voice mail. Anyone actually talked to Diana about Dec 1 notification?
I wonder if this means waitlisted or rejection....I thought they would notify everyone regardless of decision by dec 1. Thanks!

Apr 2, 2010
Status
Im in the same boat with you 2ne1... might as well just accept that we probably dont have a shot for this round of acceptances anymore. Idk if it's better to not hear anything, or to be waitlisted now? Would've been nice to hear some sort of decision. Whatever.

OP

2ne1

7+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Im in the same boat with you 2ne1... might as well just accept that we probably dont have a shot for this round of acceptances anymore. Idk if it's better to not hear anything, or to be waitlisted now? Would've been nice to hear some sort of decision. Whatever.

I know..this waiting time is killing me. Not knowing whats going on is so annoying! Diana Lugo will not pick up her phone! :( Are you in cali too?

ah1989

5+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2009
Status
Dental Student
I know this seems silly, and maybe you have already checked, but I would check what you put as your permanent address... I put my parents', and therefore didn't realize that the letter was sent to them, not me. I didn't tell them to check for it, so I found out 4 days later that I should have haha.

Apr 2, 2010
Status
I know..this waiting time is killing me. Not knowing whats going on is so annoying! Diana Lugo will not pick up her phone! :( Are you in cali too?
Nope, I'm in North Florida. And yeah I agree, it's a pretty brutal wait. Let me know what Diana Lugo says if you can reach her. Good luck:luck:

OP

2ne1

7+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Nope, I'm in North Florida. And yeah I agree, it's a pretty brutal wait. Let me know what Diana Lugo says if you can reach her. Good luck:luck:
Heyy I just talked with Diana Lugo and what gigawatt says is true; she said there are a few students who have not received any notification yet and this is because the committees have not made the final decision yet. This is not a wait list, she said, and we should expect to recieve notification after new years. So lets keep our fingers crossed! :luck::luck::xf::xf:

grx20718

10+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Heyy I just talked with Diana Lugo and what gigawatt says is true; she said there are a few students who have not received any notification yet and this is because the committees have not made the final decision yet. This is not a wait list, she said, and we should expect to recieve notification after new years. So lets keep our fingers crossed! :luck::luck::xf::xf:
Thank you 2ne1 for finding out. Does she mean that we are not reviewed yet or we are simply put on hold after the review until January? Do you think she is implying that the final decision will be between acceptance and waitlist or waitlist and rejection? Did she mention any of these? Please let me know if she did!
Another month of waiting may actually kill me gradually:scared:

OP

2ne1

7+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Thank you 2ne1 for finding out. Does she mean that we are not reviewed yet or we are simply put on hold after the review until January? Do you think she is implying that the final decision will be between acceptance and waitlist or waitlist and rejection? Did she mention any of these? Please let me know if she did!
Another month of waiting may actually kill me gradually:scared:
I think she was saying that our app was reviewed already and will be re-reviewd after new years. Your post scares me that the final decison might be between waitlist and rejection, but I dont think they would re-review our apps just to decide between waitlist and rejection. It is not worth of the effort of re-reviewing in January just to decide whether they want to put us on waitlist or rejection, i believe... Let's keep our hopes UP!!

grx20718

10+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
I think she was saying that our app was reviewed already and will be re-reviewd after new years. Your post scares me that the final decison might be between waitlist and rejection, but I dont think they would re-review our apps just to decide between waitlist and rejection. It is not worth of the effort of re-reviewing in January just to decide whether they want to put us on waitlist or rejection, i believe... Let's keep our hopes UP!!

You are right! If they are not sure either to waitlist or reject us, they could simply put us on waitlist and reject later! I need to stop being so anxious. Thank you again 2ne1!