1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone on Hold taking the MCAT again?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Jacobean3, Nov 2, 2002.

1. Hey All:
    I was wondering if anyone was considering taking the MCAT again despite being on hold. What are your thoughts on this? I heard that the Princeton Review guarantees an 8 point increase, has anyone benefited from that claim?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cardiosurg

cardiosurg Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I SPOKE WITH A MED STUDENT WHO TOOK THE KAPLAN REVIEW BUT TAUGHT THE PRINCETON REVIEW (I KNOW IT MAKES NO SENSE). HE SAID THAT KAPLAN IS BETTER FOR A NUMBER OF REASONS. 1) PRINCETON ALLOWS YOU TO TAKE THE HARDEST TEST FIRST. THE TESTS GET PROGRESSIVELY EASIER, THEREFORE, ONE CAN NOT GET AN ACTUAL MEASUREMENT OF HIS IMPROVEMENT/LACK OF IMPROVEMENT. 2)KAPLAN CRAMS MORE INFO INTO YOUR HEAD, THEREFORE YOUR CHANCES OF REMEMBERING/LEARNING MORE IS GREATER.
    I HAD SEVERAL OF THEM TELL ME TO NOT DO THE LIVE COURSE UNLESS I HAVE TROUBLE MAKING MYSELF STUDY. I HAVE THE KAPLAN REVIEW BOOK WHICH CONTAINS A CD, SEVERAL PRACTICE TESTS, AND LOTS OF REVIEW. THAT IS ALL THAT I WILL BE USING TO STUDY (FIRST-TIMER).
    HOPE THIS HELPS!