Anyone on Hold taking the MCAT again?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Jacobean3, Nov 2, 2002.

1. Hey All:
    I was wondering if anyone was considering taking the MCAT again despite being on hold. What are your thoughts on this? I heard that the Princeton Review guarantees an 8 point increase, has anyone benefited from that claim?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cardiosurg

cardiosurg Senior Member

I SPOKE WITH A MED STUDENT WHO TOOK THE KAPLAN REVIEW BUT TAUGHT THE PRINCETON REVIEW (I KNOW IT MAKES NO SENSE). HE SAID THAT KAPLAN IS BETTER FOR A NUMBER OF REASONS. 1) PRINCETON ALLOWS YOU TO TAKE THE HARDEST TEST FIRST. THE TESTS GET PROGRESSIVELY EASIER, THEREFORE, ONE CAN NOT GET AN ACTUAL MEASUREMENT OF HIS IMPROVEMENT/LACK OF IMPROVEMENT. 2)KAPLAN CRAMS MORE INFO INTO YOUR HEAD, THEREFORE YOUR CHANCES OF REMEMBERING/LEARNING MORE IS GREATER.
    I HAD SEVERAL OF THEM TELL ME TO NOT DO THE LIVE COURSE UNLESS I HAVE TROUBLE MAKING MYSELF STUDY. I HAVE THE KAPLAN REVIEW BOOK WHICH CONTAINS A CD, SEVERAL PRACTICE TESTS, AND LOTS OF REVIEW. THAT IS ALL THAT I WILL BE USING TO STUDY (FIRST-TIMER).
    HOPE THIS HELPS!