anyone on this forum get in off the waitlist at Harvard?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pisalapel

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
--

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was waitlisted there and am looking for advice from the folks that successfully got off the waiting list--any advice?

Psst... most of us were done with waitlists, MCATs, adcoms, and post-bacs anywhere from 1-4 years ago. We don't want to talk about it, and if we did we'd go over to pre-allo and answer the thread you started there. Pass it on.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was waitlisted there and am looking for advice from the folks that successfully got off the waiting list--any advice?
I have a friend who was waitlisted at Harvard and he is now in the class of 2009. I believe he got accepted around June-July. As far as I am aware, he sent in 1-2 letters of intent and definitely had at least another reference sent in on his behalf. He was very proactive yet polite about it :) Good luck to you!

thanks for the advice, drzeke! it's nice to know there are some helpful people on this forum.

Psst... most of us were done with waitlists, MCATs, adcoms, and post-bacs anywhere from 1-4 years ago. We don't want to talk about it, and if we did we'd go over to pre-allo and answer the thread you started there. Pass it on.

Nice. :thumbdown: If you weren't accepted from the waitlist at Harvard, or if you had no desire to answer the question, you by no means had to view the thread.

No need to be a jerk about it. That will be all.

Nice. :thumbdown: If you weren't accepted from the waitlist at Harvard, or if you had no desire to answer the question, you by no means had to view the thread.

[:rolleyes: ] No need to be a jerk about it. [/:rolleyes: ] That will be all.

This is the allopathic med forum, NOT THE PREALLO FORUM.

uh, i think this is more suitable for the allo forum...?

how else would you find people who've gotten in off the harvard waitlist...?

I agree with Tic. While the premeds might get something out of posting here, have you been to pre allo recently? If too many of them started posting here, this forum would become useless for the people/issues it's here for. ("so, I wanted to ask some real med students, what are my chances with a 3.2, 22 MCAT, and really really good letters?" "So, I wanted to ask some med students, should I take Chem I or Honors Chemistry I?") I think there is a subset of questions that premeds post appropriately to this board, but this sort of fishing question (which translates into "So, what are my chances...") isn't the best use of anyone's time.

The other thing is, there are a decent number of people from the other forums who occasionally flip through pre allo. It's not like no one would see a post posted over there (in fact, the people who would see it would be the people who wanted to give advice to premeds).

Anka

yes, it would be nice to hear some recent success stories :)

Wow. All you allo peeps are showing a ton of maturity.

I guess we can all look forward to turning into self-righteous pricks the moment we start med school.

Uhhh...why wasn't this thread just closed? It's going to be some time before anyone in the pre-allo forum gets off the waitlist at Harvard. By that time, I'm sure it will be a moot point for the OP.

I can somewhat understand why the allo folks are concerned about pre-meds posting in their forum, but you sometimes need the opinions of the people that have gone before you.

I don't think all of the med students are going to be scrolling through pages of the pre-allo forum to see if they can offer help, so I think it was appropriately posted in allo.

I'm a pre-med though, so what do I know?