Anyone out there know anything about WVSOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TFMoore

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So does anyone know anything about WVSOM...has anyone this year been accepted there, or interviewed? ANy infomation would be of great help. The school is my first choice when I apply this summer...thanks for any help or info.....

Members don't see this ad.

I was acceptted at WVSOM. It is great. The facilities and the people are all so very nice. It would have been my first choice if it was cheaper for out-of-state applicants and closer to home. I have been told by many hospital administrators that their rep is second to none in primary care. They were rated in the US News last March as the 31st, I think, primary care school in the US. They acceptted me with my first MCAT score of 21 and I am out-of-state! So if you are in-state, your chances are very good.

Thanks for the insight...If I may ask How was your GPA ? I am In-state, and am very hopeful for selection there,,Thanks again

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted this year. I am an out-of-state student and will be attending WVSOM in the fall. Even though the tuition for out-of-staters is high, I couldn't resist the education and the emphasis placed on primary care. From listening to all of the WVSOM students talk about their school, I was positive it was the school for me. I accepted their offer of admission and turned down two other interviews. As well, the DO's that I know have great comments on the graduates from WVSOM that they meet at conferences and in the referral process, etc...Can't wait to start in August. By the way, does anyone have any information on apartments or available housing in the Lewisburg area?? If so, can you please post where I can find the information - THANKS

Originally posted by Pikevillemedstudent:
I was acceptted at WVSOM. It is great. The facilities and the people are all so very nice. It would have been my first choice if it was cheaper for out-of-state applicants and closer to home. I have been told by many hospital administrators that their rep is second to none in primary care. They were rated in the US News last March as the 31st, I think, primary care school in the US. They acceptted me with my first MCAT score of 21 and I am out-of-state! So if you are in-state, your chances are very good.

Hi. pikevillemedstudent, I am interested in pcsom. would you please e-mail me so we can talk.

Thanks to everyone for the info....