Anyone Playing Destiny?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fabio001

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As an MS4 who's completely done with step 2, I now have a precious few months where I have some time to enjoy life. I've been playing destiny on the PS4, but think it would be cool to hook up with other med students who manage to find the time to play. Anyone interested? Maybe a handful of us could get a group together :D

idaddyMD

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh I wish I could, wish upon a star! But alas, the life of a M1 doesn't afford me such luxury of luxuries.

That, and the missus wouldn't let me buy it even if I could. Oy vey!

Oh I wish I could, wish upon a star! But alas, the life of a M1 doesn't afford me such luxury of luxuries.

Then why respond?

Members don't see this ad :)

Haha, it's cool. Some day you'll be a 4th year!

I've seen some promos on TV. You like it? Heard somewhere that it was a super expensive game to make.

After my sub-Is are done I will be doing 24 hour marathons of Advanced Warfare and Destiny. In between interviews, that is... so soon.....

I've seen some promos on TV. You like it? Heard somewhere that it was a super expensive game to make.

It's awesome. I think they did a phenomenal job crossing genres. There's never been anything close to like it.

I've enjoyed it so far, though I'm less than 15 hours into it. The words is that it cost over 500 million to make, but recouped the cost within the first week!

Members don't see this ad :)

M1 is when you have the most free time and the least obligations.

You mean ms4

M1: 12 weeks of anatomy lab and then cruise control for the rest of the year.
M4: Step 2 CK/CS, away rotations, core rotations, interviews--all of which matter and take up way more time than anything in first year. My friends took 36 hour calls Q4 for ortho on their away rotations for 3-4 months straight. It doesn't get good until March.

Bump... Haven't received an affirmative from anyone as of yet :l

I want to but I can't stop playing Dark Souls

I'm waiting on Star Citizen. Anyone else excited for that?

I invest most of my online gaming on a game called MWO. Ever heard of it?

lol consoles
play counter strike go
gg

Reactions: 1 users
Playing a little as an MS1, but honestly time is really limited for me and this sort of game takes up a lot of time

I find that I'm not able to play near as much of it as I'd like as well, for that very reason :(

M1: 12 weeks of anatomy lab and then cruise control for the rest of the year.
M4: Step 2 CK/CS, away rotations, core rotations, interviews--all of which matter and take up way more time than anything in first year. My friends took 36 hour calls Q4 for ortho on their away rotations for 3-4 months straight. It doesn't get good until March.
We have 42 weeks of anatomy, god I wish it was only 12.

Considering I want to do psych, I'm thinking M4 will be a breeze.

We have 42 weeks of anatomy, god I wish it was only 12.

Considering I want to do psych, I'm thinking M4 will be a breeze.

42 weeks? Are you in a master's program? My classmates who did that before medical school are absolute beasts. Psych is pretty cool. I would've gone into it if I didn't like "doing" so much. The patients are interesting, the income potential is huge, and the field is growing fast with neuroimaging/genetics testing.

42 weeks? Are you in a master's program? My classmates who did that before medical school are absolute beasts. Psych is pretty cool. I would've gone into it if I didn't like "doing" so much. The patients are interesting, the income potential is huge, and the field is growing fast with neuroimaging/genetics testing.
Nope, I'm a medical student, but my class does a full year of anatomy with 6 hours of lab and 2 hours of lecture per week. Obviously we have other coursework, but the anatomy runs a full year.

I always thought I'd want to do IM or CC, but as I age, psych appeals to me more and more for some practical reasons. Better hours, PP opportunities, being able to not deal with medicare/medicaid, being able to improve QOL rather than just prolong it, that sort of thing. If I were younger, I might jump on board for some of the more intense specialties, but I honestly don't think my body could take a 5 year surgical residency or 3 years of IM followed by 3 years of pulm (my former dream specialty).

lEybJyE.png

Reactions: 2 users