Anyone ranking Brigham #1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sabreman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone here was hoping to go to Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston. I ranked it first for IM and was hoping to see what others think of the place and maybe meet some of my future colleagues. :)

I think the place rocks and hope, hope, hope I get in! :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

I am a post-bac pre-med at Harvard night school.

I have worked as clinical research interviewer at Mass General and as a patient care tech at Beth Israel Deaconess. I also am a research assistant at Spaulding.

My long-time girlfriend has developed a significant, but a manageable, medical condition. Most of her physicians are at Brigham and Women's.

Although I am not a med student or resident, I feel as though I have a real grasp of the different cultures of the three major Harvard teaching hospitals.

And, I unequivocally feel that the quality of care at BWH is much higher than at MGH or BIDMC. By and large, Brigham docs are far less arrogant and much more patient focused than their peers at the other HMS institutions.

Even though BWH has the reputation of being the number two hospital in town in terms prestige, it is surely number one for what really matters.