anyone receive an voicemail from prometric?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
saying they'll reschedule our test to a later date due to maintenance? please answer thanks....

Members don't see this ad.

I received the same message so I called the local Prometric center where I am taking the test. They said the message was a mistake and that my scheduled time/date hasn't changed. When are you taking the DAT, skype? I'm taking it March 5th.

mine is on the 8th... I called prometric (18006885804) after being on hold for 40 minutes, I was able to talk to someone. And they said, yeah, there's a black out period for ADA from the march 2-march 10.... so they told me the message is accurate and they'll reschedule my test:(:(... what state are u in adentite?

I got tired of being put on hold by Prometric, maybe I should call back. It seems like if there is a black out period for the ADA it should affect every state. I'm in North Carolina, what about you? Did they give you the option of rescheduling the test yourself after 3/10?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I got the call at around 11:30 am and it is no joke. I talked to someone at ADA and was dispassionately told by staff essentially, "too bad, so sad." I was scheduled for the 3rd, after not being able to schedule the last 2 weeks of February because those were the original blackout dates. So I have been in a holding pattern for about 3 weeks now, I'm *ready*(gunning) to take the exam. I scheduled a hard-earned vacation departing the 4th. Well, now I guess I will drag my study materials with me a not really get to relax. I was on hold for about 45 minutes trying to reschedule because there was only one day left with seats in March. I had to go to class and couldn't wait to schedule so I went online and was charged the $25 reschedule fee. *Bonus* the only day in March to reschedule was also the day I am supposed to start a new job. They (job) are already not thrilled because I asked for a later start day so I could take the (originally scheduled) DAT. Sorry about the rant but I have been studying for 3 months and this just make an already stressful and draining process worse.:mad:

I'm in NV. I was supposed to take the test today, but I rescheduled it to the 8th. I can't believe this, I hate studying and hate looking at the materials. I also have a full time job, so it's really sad.....I am tired of studying.. :(.. The thing is I checked prometric and the next two weeks after march 10th... there's no seat left.....AHHHHHHHHHHHH

medent,

I know how you feel. Whenever I asked for a day off at work, I have to go through this long long waiting process and it feels kinda like i'm begging my boss to let me off for a day! oh well... I really can't wait to take the test anymore. I'm tired and so frustrated!!!

Has anyone else had to deal with the rude people at ADA with regards to the rescheduling?? I was asking if the 90 day waiting period before retaking still applies and the lady on the phone practically yelled at me. I was scheduled to take the DAT on March 5th and had to reschedule for the 19th because that is the next date my Prometric center is offering it. I do not think it is right that in case I do have to retake the exam (which I really hope I won't have to but its always smart to have a back-up plan!) I have to wait until June 19th instead of the 5th as I originally planned, because that would really screw up a lot of things for me. Anyone know if this is worth fighting or is it just a lost cause..... Any feedback is appreciated

Has anyone else had to deal with the rude people at ADA with regards to the rescheduling?? I was asking if the 90 day waiting period before retaking still applies and the lady on the phone practically yelled at me. I was scheduled to take the DAT on March 5th and had to reschedule for the 19th because that is the next date my Prometric center is offering it. I do not think it is right that in case I do have to retake the exam (which I really hope I won't have to but its always smart to have a back-up plan!) I have to wait until June 19th instead of the 5th as I originally planned, because that would really screw up a lot of things for me. Anyone know if this is worth fighting or is it just a lost cause..... Any feedback is appreciated

That really sucks!!

Thanks for the heads up about the ADA...Then again, I don't expect them to be generous and helpful, because they're pretty much the "law" in the dental world...

So glad I scheduled later...I was pretty close to scheduling something this week

I got it too. I'm from Illinois. I had to reschedule mine as well, but I never checked to see if the message was accurate. I was planning to take mine Mach 10.