anyone receive any interviews yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are med students becoming more neurotic these days? I feel like social media is to blame... you guys all need to chill and enjoy 4th year more. Just my 2 cents.

It's easy for you to say this now that you have reached the top of your career. I am sure you were like us back in the days applying for training spots too.

Members don't see this ad.

It's easy for you to say this now that you have reached the top of your career. I am sure you were like us back in the days applying for training spots too.

You have a great point but you should still enjoy 4th year as much as you can because residency is long!

Reactions: 1 users
Is it common practice among residency programs to offer interviews to IMGs later during the cycle?

Is it common practice among residency programs to offer interviews to IMGs later during the cycle?
I hope so, I am an US-IMG and have not received any yet, my US-MD friend got a few FM IV's the very next day of submitting to ERAS!

Reactions: 1 user
I already got a rejection from a program. How is that possible without the usmle transcript being released?

Did you include a photo - maybe the photo threw them off? just jking

An interesting conversation on the number of places people are applying to and how this creates significantly more applications to evaluate for PDs. If you look at historical trends, from 2010 --> 2014 (Int Med), applications per program went from 2300 to 3000 on average. There are no additional staff or time to review these extra 700 applications, so it's possible that things are slowing down on that end. Last year we sent invites already, this year we are starting next week. I expect there to be a flood after October 1st, as usual.

Reactions: 1 user