Anyone received an interview call from KCOM???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

titan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If so, how far in advance is your interview from when you received notification? When were all of your appl. materials submitted? If no one has received notification, does anyone have info. on when KCOM starts to contact students they are interested in?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview at KCOM on 10/8. My application was complete with them by 7/31. Best wishes.

I haven't received anything from them, but my app just got completed there, so that's no surprise.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! Andrea, first of all congrats on your interview. Second, did KCOM call you or send the invite?

I am a KCOM student and the admissions office notified us that interviewees would start arriving the first part of October. I hope this helps . . .

Hey all,

My application was completed in late August/early September. I have an interview on 10/8 also! I'll see you there Andrea! ;)
They called to notify me of the interview.

Good luck all!

i'm also heading out to kcom on october 8th. i hope to meet everyone there!

wow! i just checked out the brochure and noticed that the two interviews may last up to one hour each! does that mean we could possibly be have interviews that could last up to two hours!?

Yeah, I just got my interview packet last night...guess it will be a full day! Hopefully the interviews won't be too bad. See you all there! :cool:

my app was complete around 9/10 and have my interview first week of oct. yet still i haven't gotten a packet in the mail. any important info they give you?

The interview actually does last most of the day. You have lunch as well. Essentially, you meet with 2 people...one clinical faculty and one science faculty..for about an hour each. You also meet with several other people to discuss financial aid, the recreation center, rotation sites. In addition, you meet with someone from the admissions office. I think this is at the end, but I can't remember for sure. You will go on a tour of the school and the rec center. Wear professional, but comfortable, clothes. Generally, they walk to the anatomy lab and the rec center..which are a block away from the main campus. You will also tour the adjoining hospital.

SERIOUSLY....don't be nervous. I was nervous because I was basically one week away from finding out the path of the rest of my life...however, it doesn't do any good to be nervous for the interview. Everyone is very nice and they honestly want you to be there.

My interviews were very laid back and conversational. Some medical-related questions were asked by the clinical faculty, but once I got passed those little scenerio 'tests', we just chatted. The science faculty member and I just talked the entire time. He asked general questions about what I knew about KCOM and such..but it was just a conversation...not really an interview at all.

Just relax and be nice. The students who will be giving you your tours are very excited to do so.

I saw today that the first round of interviews is on 10/1 (next monday). Good luck to all of you! I was in your shoes only one year ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh..and check out the bookstore. They have some really cool things.