anyone received walgreens offer recently? DM said he can't generate an offer on line!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

babyapple

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's a grad intern offer. I got an verbal offer from DM last Monday, waiting for the official offer, called last Wed, said system couldn't generate the offer, he will ask the corporate office to figure it out. Called this Tuesday, said he will ask again.
I don't know why that happened. Is it just me or is it for everyone? Can they just send a hard copy offer to sign? anxious! this is the only offer I have that doesn't require relocation.

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard that there have been some issues with people plus hiring. There is no hiring freeze right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi babyapple, I'm experiencing the exact same thing though I've not been able to reach the DM so far. I feel a bit better now I know it's not just me!

destine: ok now I feel better now, so we are on the same boat. I just hope the DM won't withdraw the offer because of this.

Left the DM a message today. I hope to get a call back tomorrow and find out what's going on.

hi there,

could the OP or anyone else on here with a similar situation provide an update? i recently had an interview with a district supervisor. imo it appeared that he was offering me a position and even went so far as to discuss benefits offered and salary. however he also said he would contact me by email with an offer letter that same evening and its been 2 days now so I just sent off a thank you email for the opportunity to interview and that I am interested in pursuing employment with them. he also said its sometimes difficult to email out offers and that he might have to cut and paste the document into an email if that happens.

hi there,

could the OP or anyone else on here with a similar situation provide an update? i recently had an interview with a district supervisor. imo it appeared that he was offering me a position and even went so far as to discuss benefits offered and salary. however he also said he would contact me by email with an offer letter that same evening and its been 2 days now so I just sent off a thank you email for the opportunity to interview and that I am interested in pursuing employment with them. he also said its sometimes difficult to email out offers and that he might have to cut and paste the document into an email if that happens.

Do you have his cell number? He is a human being too. Just call him. Say you know he's busy, and you're sorry to bother him, but you really liked meeting him, and want the job, and you're nervous because you haven't heard anything yet and its Friday. He probably forgot to email you because he was getting yelled at for something.

Do you have his cell number? He is a human being too. Just call him. Say you know he's busy, and you're sorry to bother him, but you really liked meeting him, and want the job, and you're nervous because you haven't heard anything yet and its Friday. He probably forgot to email you because he was getting yelled at for something.

Thanks for the advice and the updates. I wish I could say I had better luck. I honestly don't feel like giving him a call on his cell and saying I'm nervous because I don't want to convey a sense of desperation. In this area he did say he wanted people with multiple state licenses and said that my situation was unique (which it is but I'll leave it at that). he did reply with a vague email saying that he would address the issue last Friday and that's all I have so far. I will offer that I'm foreign trained without a pharm D but I do have some inside connections within the organization that were of great help and giving me advice. they too said it can take time for an offer to be drawn up but its now been 2 weeks and he did say he wanted me to start training the first 2 weeks of March and that background/drug checks can take up to a week. so the question then becomes has anyone been given a verbal offer in an interview and then been turned aside for other candidates? (he did say he had around 6 interviews the day before mine)

Thanks for the advice and the updates. I wish I could say I had better luck. I honestly don't feel like giving him a call on his cell and saying I'm nervous because I don't want to convey a sense of desperation. In this area he did say he wanted people with multiple state licenses and said that my situation was unique (which it is but I'll leave it at that). he did reply with a vague email saying that he would address the issue last Friday and that's all I have so far. I will offer that I'm foreign trained without a pharm D... (he did say he had around 6 interviews the day before mine)

Hey there...sorry for all the stress you are going through! Most importantly, there's nothing about you that is "desperate". You are an asset this man would be lucky to have. Definitely don't be concerned about pharmd/no pharmd. Depending on how old he is, he may actually prefer BS. Some of the older guys make comments about "the pharmd kids". There are also ones who say they prefer "foreigners" because "they never call out sick" or (my fav) "know what its like to have nothing so won't quit." Really, who cares what or why he thinks what he does, as long as it benefits you.

After all this time, there's not much to lose on this one. If you're uncomfortable calling him (I hate the phone now so much I understand) then just text him in the morning. "Hi Bob! Hope you are well. I am still available if you are still looking. Call/text me anytime." The very worst thing that could happen is nothing. And at that point, screw old Bob and find yourself a better guy to work for.

Hey there...sorry for all the stress you are going through! Most importantly, there's nothing about you that is "desperate". You are an asset this man would be lucky to have. Definitely don't be concerned about pharmd/no pharmd. Depending on how old he is, he may actually prefer BS. Some of the older guys make comments about "the pharmd kids". There are also ones who say they prefer "foreigners" because "they never call out sick" or (my fav) "know what its like to have nothing so won't quit." Really, who cares what or why he thinks what he does, as long as it benefits you.

After all this time, there's not much to lose on this one. If you're uncomfortable calling him (I hate the phone now so much I understand) then just text him in the morning. "Hi Bob! Hope you are well. I am still available if you are still looking. Call/text me anytime." The very worst thing that could happen is nothing. And at that point, screw old Bob and find yourself a better guy to work for.

haha you really hit the nail on the head with those observations. as a non-white new immigrant i am acutely aware of all those sentiments you described. moving costs $$$ and the last few years with all these forms to fill out and exams to take (immig, license) has been very challenging! i am eternally grateful to have a partner who has been so supportive and been a boon when it came to licensing seeing as she is a highly qualified pharmacist herself. its ironic too that i used to complain about all the foreign trained grads diluting the pharmacy market in Ontario the last 10 years for us established vets and now here i am on the other side. anyways, i won't quit and i am definitely an adapter and survivor. this particular regional manager seems very friendly and affable and takes the time to call or email me once in a while saying the offer is coming - he even stated this a few days ago but nothing yet. i emailed him in turn but no response. i seem to think an offer might magically appear once i have completed my immunizing and cpr courses over the next week but what do i know?