Anyone resent people who interview after you, and find out before you?

silas2642

silas2642
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Just trying to spread my neuroses like the common cold. Does anyone else hate it when people interview after them at different schools and then find out they've been accepted/rejected/waitlisted like 1 week later? Granted, I know that different schools have different timelines and meet during different times in the year, but this fact still drives me absolutely nuts. I can't stand it when I see that someone heard about their fate like 24 hours after they've interviewed. Why can't that be me? I'm dying over here!

About the Ads

Ashanti Rock

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
What's with all the resentment? In the words of Rodney King..."can't we all just get along" :laugh:

bobito

10+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2004
Status
Ashanti Rock said:
What's with all the resentment? In the words of Rodney King..."can't we all just get along" :laugh:
Funny thing about Rodney King....He beat his wife, starting when she was asleep. He also plead guilty to robbing a convenient store.... in order to get the charges of assault with a deadly weapon dropped....this is not to mention a number of other charges against him.

Certainly a beacon of peacefulness.

Flopotomist

I love the Chicago USPS
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 22, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
bobito said:
Funny thing about Rodney King....He beat his wife, starting when she was asleep. He also plead guilty to robbing a convenient store.... in order to get the charges of assault with a deadly weapon dropped....this is not to mention a number of other charges against him.

What is a convenient store?

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2004
Florida/Fellowship
Status
Fellow [Any Field], Attending Physician
Ashanti Rock said:
I agree. How about a poll: anyone resent SDNers who are always so resentful?

clicky

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
bobito said:

Are you trying to imply that LAPD were justified in brutalizing him? Cuz that's not how we do it in America.

bobito

10+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2004
Status
Flopotomist said:
What is a convenient store?
Whats a Flopotomist?
Stop-and-Rob....I don't say convenience I say convenient. huge difference huh?

bobito

10+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2004
Status
clicky said:
Are you trying to imply that LAPD were justified in brutalizing him? Cuz that's not how we do it in America.
No. Are you implying its ok that he beat his wife, and swung a tire iron at some poor clerks head? Cuz thats not how we do it in America.

silas2642

silas2642
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
bobito said:
Whats a Flopotomist?
Stop-and-Rob....I don't say convenience I say convenient. huge difference huh?

With all those typing errors, I definitely think that you will never be able to become a medical transcriptionist. I guess you had better become a doctor.

Ashanti Rock

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
bobito said:
No. Are you implying its ok that he beat his wife, and swung a tire iron at some poor clerks head? Cuz thats not how we do it in America.
Dang, can't even say anything for face value anymore on SDN! Before this also errupts into a rcial discussion, just let it go!

About the Ads