NewKidin2block

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2006
218
0
Status
Non-Student
just wondering, anyone who got 35+ the first time, but are preparing for 2nd shot?
 

ih8mcat

Dynomite!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2006
90
0
Status
Medical Student
yes I am, I got a lousy 45L the first time I took it cold without any practice
 

Dancing Doctor

Redneck Woman
10+ Year Member
May 28, 2006
238
0
Clawson, MI
Status
Resident [Any Field]
NewKidin2block said:
just wondering, anyone who got 35+ the first time, but are preparing for 2nd shot?
i hope they post here so we can make fun.

patiently awaiting responses.
 
About the Ads

WilliamsF1

10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
8,469
1
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
ih8mcat said:
yes I am, I got a lousy 45L the first time I took it cold without any practice
Only a 45L? I only managed to get a 63X :(
 

Pinkertinkle

2003 Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2003
5,004
80
Status
Attending Physician
Yeah, I wud not be happy with less than 36. 36 is the cut off for a competitive school.
 

ADeadLois

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
3,158
6
Status
Medical Student
I passed my driver's test, but decided to take it again as well. I'm a lot smoother with my parallel parking now.
 

ih8mcat

Dynomite!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2006
90
0
Status
Medical Student
yea i wrote my essay in amharic, they didn't disqualify it because my writing sample still won a nobel prize
 

Compass

Squishy
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2006
3,363
3
32
Status
I got a 99Z. I guess I need to try harder on the Bloated Syntax (BS) section to get that 100. Sigh.
 

BXP

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2006
85
0
Status
Pre-Medical
lol, with this much negativity, you'll never get someone to admit that they are retaking it with an already spectacular score.

But honestly, if you KNOW you'll do better than a 35/36, why not retake it? I'd say it's at a score of 40 (give or take a point) where the luck factor starts to kick in.
 

bluenumber6

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2006
36
0
Status
Pre-Medical
ADeadLois said:
I passed my driver's test, but decided to take it again as well. I'm a lot smoother with my parallel parking now.

Hahaha I like this one the most! :laugh:
 

superwillis

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 18, 2006
188
0
Status
I dunno, i'd say where the luck factor kicks in depends on your breakdown. above 12 in verbal is pretty rare. 14's in the sciences means only missing 1 question typically, which is difficult considering how easy it is to make careless mistakes. I would say getting a 37 or above has an element of luck.
 

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
30,981
9,895
Status
Attending Physician
BXP said:
But honestly, if you KNOW you'll do better than a 35/36, why not retake it? I'd say it's at a score of 40 (give or take a point) where the luck factor starts to kick in.
Doesn't matter. Anyone who has a score that would not be an impediment to getting in anywhere and yet retakes, is so deranged that no medical school would touch them. There is a fine line between perfectionist and self destructive, and this would suggest that the person routinely crosses it. This is going to be the same person who freaks out whenever they get a 99 instead of 100% on a test. A professor's nightmare. The same person who takes uppers because there aren't enough hours in the day to learn the impossible volume of material they will throw at you in med school. A ticking time bomb. No one wants to be around such a person. :eek:
 

BXP

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2006
85
0
Status
Pre-Medical
Law2Doc said:
Doesn't matter. Anyone who has a score that would not be an impediment to getting in anywhere and yet retakes, is so deranged that no medical school would touch them. There is a fine line between perfectionist and self destructive, and this would suggest that the person routinely crosses it. This is going to be the same person who freaks out whenever they get a 99 instead of 100% on a test. A professor's nightmare. The same person who takes uppers because there aren't enough hours in the day to learn the impossible volume of material they will throw at you in med school. A ticking time bomb. No one wants to be around such a person. :eek:
:laugh:
 

xylem29

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2005
1,171
2
Status
Dental Student
Law2Doc said:
Doesn't matter. Anyone who has a score that would not be an impediment to getting in anywhere and yet retakes, is so deranged that no medical school would touch them. There is a fine line between perfectionist and self destructive, and this would suggest that the person routinely crosses it. This is going to be the same person who freaks out whenever they get a 99 instead of 100% on a test. A professor's nightmare. The same person who takes uppers because there aren't enough hours in the day to learn the impossible volume of material they will throw at you in med school. A ticking time bomb. No one wants to be around such a person. :eek:
Not really, someone that deranged and edgey likely are the ones that would not write again if they got a 35 - b/c they wouldn't want to go thru that period of uncertainty and stress while studying for the MCAT. It's usually the people who don't take the MCAT too seriously, the ones who just want to see how smart they can be or something that would write it again...I mean, the purpose of writing it is to get into med school...once you get a 35, why re-write? For fun of course.
 

ChymeChancellor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2006
952
2
Status
Pre-Medical
DR. EUGENIC and I are retaking to score 43+ because we need full rides to get into Harvard. The 3.7 publications will also probably get us an automatic acceptance.
 

Frank Hardy

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
136
0
Status
Pre-Medical
OP: I'll echo what everyone else said adding only this: take the test again, if you don't get above a 35, take it again. If you get the same result try it again. Don't apply until you achieve your goal. Since they will only let you take it a maximum of three times you will need to send a rejection letter to sign up again, so forge a copy. Other tricks include: changing your name/identity, stalking the exam writers, getting your PhD in biology, chemistry (general and organic), verbal reasoning, and writing/english, etc.
 

Mr. Tee

Indentured servant
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2005
4,369
1
Status
MD/PhD Student
ChymeChancellor said:
DR. EUGENIC and I are retaking to score 43+ because we need full rides to get into Harvard. The 3.7 publications will also probably get us an automatic acceptance.
:sleep:
 
About the Ads