anyone retaking with 35+

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NewKidin2block

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wondering, anyone who got 35+ the first time, but are preparing for 2nd shot?

Members don't see this ad.

yes I am, I got a lousy 45L the first time I took it cold without any practice

NewKidin2block said:
just wondering, anyone who got 35+ the first time, but are preparing for 2nd shot?
i hope they post here so we can make fun.

patiently awaiting responses.

Members don't see this ad :)
I passed my driver's test, but decided to take it again as well. I'm a lot smoother with my parallel parking now.

yea i wrote my essay in amharic, they didn't disqualify it because my writing sample still won a nobel prize

lol, with this much negativity, you'll never get someone to admit that they are retaking it with an already spectacular score.

But honestly, if you KNOW you'll do better than a 35/36, why not retake it? I'd say it's at a score of 40 (give or take a point) where the luck factor starts to kick in.

ADeadLois said:
I passed my driver's test, but decided to take it again as well. I'm a lot smoother with my parallel parking now.

Hahaha I like this one the most! :laugh:

I dunno, i'd say where the luck factor kicks in depends on your breakdown. above 12 in verbal is pretty rare. 14's in the sciences means only missing 1 question typically, which is difficult considering how easy it is to make careless mistakes. I would say getting a 37 or above has an element of luck.

BXP said:
But honestly, if you KNOW you'll do better than a 35/36, why not retake it? I'd say it's at a score of 40 (give or take a point) where the luck factor starts to kick in.

Doesn't matter. Anyone who has a score that would not be an impediment to getting in anywhere and yet retakes, is so deranged that no medical school would touch them. There is a fine line between perfectionist and self destructive, and this would suggest that the person routinely crosses it. This is going to be the same person who freaks out whenever they get a 99 instead of 100% on a test. A professor's nightmare. The same person who takes uppers because there aren't enough hours in the day to learn the impossible volume of material they will throw at you in med school. A ticking time bomb. No one wants to be around such a person. :eek:

Law2Doc said:
Doesn't matter. Anyone who has a score that would not be an impediment to getting in anywhere and yet retakes, is so deranged that no medical school would touch them. There is a fine line between perfectionist and self destructive, and this would suggest that the person routinely crosses it. This is going to be the same person who freaks out whenever they get a 99 instead of 100% on a test. A professor's nightmare. The same person who takes uppers because there aren't enough hours in the day to learn the impossible volume of material they will throw at you in med school. A ticking time bomb. No one wants to be around such a person. :eek:
:laugh:

Law2Doc said:

Not really, someone that deranged and edgey likely are the ones that would not write again if they got a 35 - b/c they wouldn't want to go thru that period of uncertainty and stress while studying for the MCAT. It's usually the people who don't take the MCAT too seriously, the ones who just want to see how smart they can be or something that would write it again...I mean, the purpose of writing it is to get into med school...once you get a 35, why re-write? For fun of course.

DR. EUGENIC and I are retaking to score 43+ because we need full rides to get into Harvard. The 3.7 publications will also probably get us an automatic acceptance.

OP: I'll echo what everyone else said adding only this: take the test again, if you don't get above a 35, take it again. If you get the same result try it again. Don't apply until you achieve your goal. Since they will only let you take it a maximum of three times you will need to send a rejection letter to sign up again, so forge a copy. Other tricks include: changing your name/identity, stalking the exam writers, getting your PhD in biology, chemistry (general and organic), verbal reasoning, and writing/english, etc.

ChymeChancellor said:
DR. EUGENIC and I are retaking to score 43+ because we need full rides to get into Harvard. The 3.7 publications will also probably get us an automatic acceptance.
:sleep: