anyone rewriting in august who just started studying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silenthunder

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I wrote the exam in april, and after recieving the score was less than enthused (downright disgusted with myself). And so I waited a week to consider my options, and then decided to rewrite the test in august.

Of course, not sure if this was a great idea given the very short amount of time left (I think less than 40 days at this point).

Anyone else in a similar situation? Anyone have tips on what
to do and not to do the second time around?

I'm already trying to focus most of my time on looking through old exams and problem sets, so that I can shore up weak areas.

Cheers,

Silenthunder

Members don't see this ad.

how funny when i read your post you said " i wrote the exam" and beign a canuck myself im thinkign man canadian. i was goin to post and ask you but saw your location.. what is it about the freakin boarder that makes us canucks have all these distinct things we say.. man i miss canada god bless canada.. sorry no advice on ur post. id say if you studied well for april and it was a matter of messing up on a section that u just plain ****ed up then u dont neeed much studying so id think ud be fine good luck! i took this mother ****er 3 times so if u have questions about a retake im ur guy

depends how confident you are, and how badly you screwed up in april. I'm also from Richmond hill, and if you're applying to canadian schools (except for MAC and Ottawa, which don't need the MCAT) you just need to meet the CUTOFFS. With 10's across the board you'll be set, the same as a 45 basically (and even 9's across the board will give you a good chance at UWO, TO, etc).
If you know you can pull 9's and 10's, then go for it! But don't rush into it if you don't feel prepared.

good luck!

-------------

McGill University Medicine, Class of 2007