USMLE Anyone start out below 200 and end up with 230+? NEED ADVICE!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FemaleWoman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would love advice from people who started out scoring in the low 200's, and were able to progress to 230+!

I've done 5 weeks of studying and I scored 210 on NBME 15. I'm so sad that after weeks of hard work (12 hour days), I'm at a score that a large number of people would consider "baseline." I have 5 more solid weeks of studying left.

In case anyone wants to know what I did:

UWorld 1.5: First time through scored 57% total. Went back and redid all the questions I got wrong.
DIT: Finished in 14 days
First Aid: First time through with DIT, then did it a second time through
Pathoma: about 60% through

PLEASE HELP!!! I'm feeling a bit discouraged that I won't be able to get up to 230+, especially since I spent FIVE WEEKS doing everything I was "supposed" to do, and STILL only scored 210 :(

I would be INEXPLICABLY GRATEFUL for any advice from people who were in a similar situation.

Members don't see this ad.

I would love advice from people who started out scoring in the low 200's, and were able to progress to 230+!

I've done 5 weeks of studying and I scored 210 on NBME 15. I'm so sad that after weeks of hard work (12 hour days), I'm at a score that a large number of people would consider "baseline." I have 5 more solid weeks of studying left.

In case anyone wants to know what I did:

UWorld 1.5: First time through scored 57% total. Went back and redid all the questions I got wrong.
DIT: Finished in 14 days
First Aid: First time through with DIT, then did it a second time through
Pathoma: about 60% through

PLEASE HELP!!! I'm feeling a bit discouraged that I won't be able to get up to 230+, especially since I spent FIVE WEEKS doing everything I was "supposed" to do, and STILL only scored 210 :(

I would be INEXPLICABLY GRATEFUL for any advice from people who were in a similar situation.

You're only 60% done with pathoma..what do you expect?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think that would make the difference between 210 and 230+? My baseline was 198 on the Uworld Assessment #1.

I'm not in dedicated so I can't say, but I'd like to think that depending what the 40% is that you're missing out, that could definitely be the reason why you're 10-20 pts below where you want to be.

FWIW I know someone who went from 219 -> ~260. They had a 6.5 week study period, took an NBME 2.5 weeks in (219) and real thing was 260 +/- 3.