anyone still on the waitlist waiting to get in somewhere?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swisschez2000

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where are you waiting for still?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
are those your only chances of getting in this year guys?

Good Luck

Still waiting for Marquette. May could be the month, Already starting to gather up letters of rec. Which brings me to my next question. Do I have to go out an get brand new letters of rec for the next cycle? I am getting a new a professor to write another letter of rec. So far I have 5 from last cycle. With this new one it will be 6.

I plan on changing my personal statement as well.

Dool said:
I am waiting for UF, and it's not looking to good!! :(

I agree with gatorfan, don't hold your breath.

Hockeydentist:

As far as the letters of recommendation go, I asked the AADSAS place about it and they said that you would have to re-send them to them. Nothing from the last cycle remains there....but I don't think that means that you cannot use the same letters of recommendation.

Good luck!

Claudia:)

Waitlisted at UPenn...hopefully will hear from them in May

Aurora

waiting for Tufts, Temple,Creighton and possibly USC....What a high price for applying too late :oops: :(

Keep your hopes up. I was waitlisted last year until july. Went on a long road trip vacation across the nation, and when I got back a pretty letter was waiting for me telling me I was taken off the waitlist.

Aurora said:
Waitlisted at UPenn...hopefully will hear from them in May

Aurora
Whe did you apply/interviewed at UPenn?

I am waitlisted at Southern IL University. The suspense is killing me. Good news is only 500 apply and they usually only take in-state applicants (something in my favor). Bad news is they wont say how large list is, how many spots are already taken and what the chances are to gain admission. A fellow poster in the Dental forums said he was waitlisted in Jan and found out he got in sometime in March. Just crossing my fingers for now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, still waiting for UPenn.

Hey Aurora, did you at least receive a letter indicating that you're waitlisted? I spoke with someone from adcom last week. They mentioned that the class was full and that if someone backs out that they would consider me. Then I followed up with the question as to whether I'm considered "waitlisted" and the answer was that they're still reviewing my application (...and deliberating on it).

But with the class being full and no formal letter stating that I'm waitlisted, I suppose I'll be receiving that dreadful letter shortly. Word wasn't even given as far as when they'll make their ultimate decision and inform us of our status.

Hang in there and hope you get the good news soon :p

Take care.

BTW, when did you interview with UPenn? Mine was March 4th (part of the late cycle, I guess).

Mo007 said:
Whe did you apply/interviewed at UPenn?

Hi,

I applied kind of late...early January. I interviewed at Penn in mid-march. Then I got a letter saying that I'm waitlisted in mid-april. Did you apply to UPenn? I hope I get in. I loved the school during the interview!

Aurora

I was on the waiting list for Columbia.. Really not hoping for anything to happen except for getting a rejection letter sometime around July. But, just hours ago, I have received an e-mail asking me to call back as soon as possible..

And YES !! Its the breathtaking news! I am officially accepted to CU.. :clap:
I hope the same goes for all of you out there who are waiting for their dream school.. !!

IT COULD HAPPEN !! Best Wishes !! And best of luck for all you guys..

There is still hope for getting in this year for any of you waitlisters out there!
I just received a phone call today with an offer for a seat in the class of 2008 at Pitt. I was ready to reapply on May 17th and had pretty much given up hope. Hang in there everyone, I've known people called a week or two before classes start. Prepare and reapply, but keep the faith that something good might happen, it very well could!

peiganman said:
There is still hope for getting in this year for any of you waitlisters out there!
I just received a phone call today with an offer for a seat in the class of 2008 at Pitt. I was ready to reapply on May 17th and had pretty much given up hope. Hang in there everyone, I've known people called a week or two before classes start. Prepare and reapply, but keep the faith that something good might happen, it very well could!

Peiganman,
That seat must be from me, he.he... I emailed Ms. Mangold last week to decline my acceptance (lost $750 first deposit). Congrats!!! :thumbup:

what are you guys stats to get off waitlists? please let me know so i can have a ballpark of this deed :scared:

i have rejected Columbia, someone from the waitlist should get into Columbia soon.

Bebe,
congrats on getting in!!! im goin to columbia too :) woodsy you chose toronto?? boooo...hehe...well good luck to all of you and im excited to meet everyone goin to columbia :thumbup:

Still waiting to hear from UPenn :( I was hoping to hear from them this week since the second depost was due on May 1st.

Aurora

I owe you one tropicalwind if that seat was indeed yours!

Someone wanted stats for those taken off the waitlist, mine were:

GPA: 3.73
Science GPA: 3.51
Dat -
AA: 16
PA: 17
RC: 18

Here are my stats for SDNer out there who wonders:

Over all GPA: 3.5
Science GPA: 3.3

DAT
OA: 23
AA: 24 / Chem: 25 / OChem: 29 / Bio: 23
RCom: 18 / Math: 22 / PA: 22

Good luck and best wishes to you all !!

~Bebe

Wow, awesome DAT score bebe126.
how did you study for the test?

peiganman, good job.

may i know which sch did you accepted to?

Aurora,

I talked to Corky and she said acceptances were unusually high this year for UPenn. Sorry. :(

To everyone still on the waitlist, I recommend starting their new 2005 AADSAS application and asking for new LORs and transcripts to be sent for the new cycle.

Do you guys know what number you are in the waitlist or is it just random?

swisschez2000 said:
Do you guys know what number you are in the waitlist or is it just random?

UPenn told me that they don't rank the people on the waitlist. They said that adcom meets each time before they accept someone. I guess they want a balanced class so if say a female minority student decides not to go to UPenn then they try to accept a different one. I think stuff like that is taken into consideration.

Aurora

first of all, CONGRATULATIONS to you bebe. just reading your acceptance news made me smile. good work and now enjoy the moment a little bet.

the thing that i don't understand is why they took sooooo long to take you in? your DAT scores are incredible. did you apply late or something?

PERFECT3435 said:
first of all, CONGRATULATIONS to you bebe. just reading your acceptance news made me smile. good work and now enjoy the moment a little bet.

the thing that i don't understand is why they took sooooo long to take you in? your DAT scores are incredible. did you apply late or something?

Yes, indeed, I did interview late. I send in my application to AADSAS during Mid October, and I was offered 4 interview dates from CU. (I pick the latest one ?Feb 27th?.. I thought having been through more interviews will get me more experienced and prepared for my favorite school, but I was wrong... I must admit that was the biggest mistake I ever made.) +pissed+

Dr. Mcmanus told me this year at CU, 20% more students accepted the school's offered early in the interview cycle. Therefore, even if I was well qualified, the most they can do is put me on waiting list, until someone decided to give up their spot. And luckily, it did happen ..

Hope this answer your confusion a bit?

~Bebe

dentalchica said:
Bebe,
congrats on getting in!!! im goin to columbia too :) woodsy you chose toronto?? boooo...

hehehe...just waaaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper.... like a lot cheaper...the money I save can get me a nice place and a porsche, not that I am gonna spend the extra money on that. Columbia is extremely expensive compared to U of T. I figure they are both just as good since U of T is the best school in Canada.