1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Anyone still on the waitlist with hope?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by cheaplikeafox, Aug 7, 2006.

1. cheaplikeafox

cheaplikeafox waiting patiently...
    2+ Year Member

I just found out I am #4 on the waitlist for UH now...i moved like 4 spots in 3 months! haha. I only have 9 more days to move 4 more spots...but I still have a little bit of hope. Definitely already thinking about reapplying though.

Just wondering if anyone else is waiting until the very last minute hoping to get in from a waitlist...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. manapharm

manapharm Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I am on the waitlist from Loma Linda with no ranking #. I am working on PharmCas application but not yet submitted. I will wait until mid Aug and then I submit my application. I am waiting everyday and temped to call the DEAN office each day. AAHAAH this is crazy!

4. pharmwannebe2

pharmwannebe2 Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    what were your guys stats?

5. UTfarmer

UTfarmer Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I just got into UTRX. I didn't think I'll get in, but I did!!!!!!

6. cheaplikeafox

2+ Year Member

what number were you on the UT waitlist, UTfarmer? I'm staying at UT next semester to get my BS if i can't get into UH CoP...

Do you know what the deadline was for getting in from the waitlist at UT?

cause maybe if more ppl are getting into other universities...then might move up some more :/

7. Seveneighty

Seveneighty ego sum venenum
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    HELL YES, I'm on the waitlist, with plenty of hope... I'll tell you all whether I made it or not, on the 15th. :thumbup:

8. UTfarmer

UTfarmer Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy

I was number #12 and bumped to #6. Then yesterday, Wilcox wrote me back saying I was in.
    He said he was going to notify my status at the end of the month (July). I thought I was out, until I got that life changining email.

9. cheaplikeafox

2+ Year Member

wow congrats UTfarmer! I wonder why ppl wait until the very last minute to tell a college they're not going to attend there...

I just got moved up 2 more spots from monday to tues to #2! man if i get in this yr...it's going to change a lot of things, but for the better!

I would be kind of disappointed if I was left at #1 though...

10. ageldred

ageldred Member
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student

Best of luck to you! I have heard of people that get in with 1 week before classes start so don't give up.

11. rx_wannabe

rx_wannabe New Member

I'm with you too. I'm on the list and still hope to hear from the school soon. Base on the info on their letter, they accepted everyone on the list in the past. I hope they'll do the same this year. Any info regard to this would be appreciated. Thanks and good luck to those who are waiting.

12. UTfarmer

UTfarmer Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    For UT or UH?

There is still hope. Just stay on there...If ther is any change within your application (that is good) such as academic achievement or promotions, write an email to Wilcox or UH person. I think they might want to see strong interest among people who remain on the waitlist. Did you get to talk to him over the phone or made an appointment with him in person??? When I found out that i was on the waitlist, I made an appointment with him in person to discuss my future if I didn't get in. I was sure that I wouldn't b/c from previous expereince that the waitlist didn't move much. Also, it showed that I wanted to improve my candidacy, etc.
    I was seriously pondering getting a biology degree although I already had a degree in liberal arts. He advised me not to go back to school and not to retake the PCAT, which were all the things I thought I had to redo.
    He just told me to keep working as a tech and develop more community experience. He'll read your file all over once you set an appointment with him and let you know what he thinks... He'll definitely tell you that you are on the waitlist b/c you are a strong candidate. (anyway, this is all from my expereince through UT). Good luck to you!

13. cheaplikeafox

2+ Year Member

I actually got rejected by UT and I'm on the waitlist for UH...I've emailed them a few times to ask what i can do to improve upon my chances of getting in next yr if I reapplied. They gave me some straight answers and I found out that my application was sent incompletely online! They thought I didn't have any volunteer or extra curricular activities/experience at all! That probably would have definitely helped my application but they said it was too late to add that in. :( I've emailed the assistant dean and the director of Admissions. They basically told me there's nothing else I can do now but wait cause I offered to come up to Houston in person to ask some questions.

UH ppl said that the waitlist moved a lot last yr but this yr it didn't...but now it's moving again! so i guess i'll just have to wait and see!

14. cheaplikeafox

2+ Year Member

just got the call that i got accepted! woo hoo!

:D

15. manapharm

manapharm Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Congrat!! All the waiting is paying off heh?

16. Seveneighty

Seveneighty ego sum venenum
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Still waiting.. apparently today is THE DAY, although its getting late. I hope a call comes soon!

17. ADN1226

ADN1226 Class of 2012!
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Oh no! Goodluck!!!

18. cheaplikeafox

2+ Year Member

yeah it paid off alright! :)

good luck to you seveneighty!