Anyone still waiting for gensurg interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gims

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Superstars please ignore this thread, as I have seen you have gotten truckloads of interviews already, and your multiple postings make it seem like there are hundreds of you....

I applied to 30 programs (mixed bag) on the first day of ERAS (Sept 2nd), and received 7 interviews rather quickly (university and private programs). Received 5 rejections in the past two weeks (high-end university programs). That leaves 18 programs (also all university) still unheard from, and it's already past the middle of November. Anybody else in the same boat, and if so I'm curious what you think that means for us? Are we in a "reject / hold for cancellation" pile, or do we still have some prospects left?

Thanks a bunch....and good luck to everybody (even the superstars ;)

-gims

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I have yet to hear from over half of the places I applied to and it is nerve-wracking. Some of these are higher-end programs but not all. Many are solid programs that I feel I have a shot but not hearing anything is fustrating. So basically I feel your pain.

Figuring on doing some phone calling tomorrow to see what's up with a few places, esp those that I know have already sent out invites but haven't communicated with me at all.

Get on the horn and contact some of these folks. You may dig up a couple of nice interviews. Many of us still have at least a few places which have been remiss in their correspondence. You most definitely have company in this area.

Thanks for your responses folks, I really appreciate it and I'm glad (not glad really, but definitely relieved!) to know others are in the same boat.

Do you think that calling these programs will make a difference in the ultimate outcome for me? It seems funny to have to nag these folks.....

Last question: what is your feeling about an ultimate deadline for still possibly receiving interviews? Thanksgiving?

Thanks again, take care, and good luck!

-gims