tonyjerry

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2003
81
0
Visit site
Status
has anyone here still not heard back from mount sinai post interview. i think i interviewed march 26.
 
C

Curious Tom

It's April and medical schools still haven't finished with the announcements?
 

Alexander99

Ghetto Fabulous
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2003
2,361
0
San Diego
Visit site
Status
I'm still waiting to hear back if I got an interview from them. :D
 
About the Ads

jjmack

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2003
822
11
LA
Status
MD/PhD Student, Resident [Any Field]
I interviewed late to mid march and still haven't heard back. I spoke to one of my interviewers about when we would hear back and he said not until late april or early may. I guess there is just more waiting.
 

deaftoan

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2004
49
0
california
Visit site
Status
Alexander99 said:
I'm still waiting to hear back if I got an interview from them. :D
I called a couple weeks ago and they said that they finished interviewing on the 31st of march.
 

palatanmr6

Active Procrastinator
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2003
61
0
37
NY
Visit site
Status
Hey tonyjerry, I interviewed March 26th as well and I havent heard anything... I thought that they had told us that we should get an email if we are accepted within 4 weeks of the interview... it's coming up on 4 weeks... :scared:
 

Alexander99

Ghetto Fabulous
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2003
2,361
0
San Diego
Visit site
Status
medstudent0812 said:
I called a couple weeks ago and they said that they finished interviewing on the 31st of march.
Then where the hell is my rejection letter? I demand an official response! :mad:
 

palatanmr6

Active Procrastinator
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2003
61
0
37
NY
Visit site
Status
bump I'm still waiting
 

pekq

Gunner
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2004
360
2
NJ
Visit site
Status
Perhaps less people have withdrawn than anticipated? Perhaps we got shafted because there was never really spots open for late interviewees?

It's been about three weeks, one more week I guess. :(
 

Daddysoy

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2004
116
0
39
Virginia
Status
Medical Student
im eagerly awaiting my offer for an interview *fingers crossed* :rolleyes:
 

pekq

Gunner
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2004
360
2
NJ
Visit site
Status
Daddysoy said:
im eagerly awaiting my offer for an interview *fingers crossed* :rolleyes:
I hope you are kidding. Interviews ended 3 weeks ago. Sorry to break the bad news if you didn't know.
 

stillwaiting

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2004
16
0
AZ
Visit site
Status
I sent in my secondary, the electronic picture, and my $$$ and never heard a word from them. I mean, at least have the courtesy to spend 37 cents to tell me now way in hell. Jesus, I would've accepted an email...I feel like I was legally robbed! They probably print those electronic pictures and paste them with a copy of your check under the posting "sucker"!!
 
About the Ads

TRUE

slacker extraordinaire
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2004
776
2
38
NYC
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
stillwaiting said:
I sent in my secondary, the electronic picture, and my $$$ and never heard a word from them. I mean, at least have the courtesy to spend 37 cents to tell me now way in hell. Jesus, I would've accepted an email...I feel like I was legally robbed! They probably print those electronic pictures and paste them with a copy of your check under the posting "sucker"!!
That's why I didn't send the electronic picture :)
 

ewing

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2003
446
0
In da house!
Visit site
Status
tonyjerry said:
has anyone here still not heard back from mount sinai post interview. i think i interviewed march 26.
I interviewed like a week before you. I'll let y'all know if/when I hear from them.
 

MabdulD

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2003
149
0
38
Visit site
Status
stillwaiting said:
I sent in my secondary, the electronic picture, and my $$$ and never heard a word from them. I mean, at least have the courtesy to spend 37 cents to tell me now way in hell. Jesus, I would've accepted an email...I feel like I was legally robbed! They probably print those electronic pictures and paste them with a copy of your check under the posting "sucker"!!
Haha. They probably electronically alter those pictures before they send them. Maybe give you an old fashioned moustache, and a funny hat. Or maybe they just remove your nose to suggest, symbolically, that you're not even worthy of smelling their institution.

Anyway, I finally got my official rejection yesterday. The letter was dated April 13. And, no, I was not offered an interview.
 

Xega

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2003
239
0
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I interviewed in early Feb and did not get an email about my acceptance until late March so the wait was more like 4-6 weeks. I will most likely be giving up my spot this week.
 
E

Eraserhead

Mount Sinai is now the ONLY school that hasn't sent me a rejection letter pre-interview.
 

stillwaiting

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2004
16
0
AZ
Visit site
Status
If you don't mind my asking, where else did you apply? Is this your first year applying? Regardless, do not lose hope! If Sinai is where you want to go then you will. In the long run it makes no difference if you practice for 30 years or 29. Then again, maybe I misunderstood your post. You are already in at USCD? If so then look at it as Sinai's loss.
 

speedbird001

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 30, 2003
79
0
Visit site
Status
Eraserhead said:
Mount Sinai is now the ONLY school that hasn't sent me a rejection letter pre-interview.
Same here. As of now, I've heard back from all the other schools I applied to with their decision to interview me or not.
 
About the Ads
E

Eraserhead

stillwaiting said:
If you don't mind my asking, where else did you apply? Is this your first year applying? Regardless, do not lose hope! If Sinai is where you want to go then you will. In the long run it makes no difference if you practice for 30 years or 29. Then again, maybe I misunderstood your post. You are already in at USCD? If so then look at it as Sinai's loss.
Ooops yeah I meant they are they only school that hasn't interviewed or rejected me yet... etc. The only school that hasn't responded to me post-secondary... I'm happy with SD and all.
 

doogiehowserfan

Junior Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2004
22
0
NYC
Status
so i just called to find out what is going on with my application, i interviewed late march.
the woman said "no decision has been made, but from the looks of it you should hear soon" what does this mean!?
 

mikeyboy

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2004
244
0
Visit site
Status
Same here, I'd like to get a rejection letter. I e-mailed them and they told me I wouldn't be interviewed, but still. Even an official e-mail like Davis would be ok, I want my generic "you might be good enough for us but we have so many others that are better" note of encouragement!
 

pekq

Gunner
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2004
360
2
NJ
Visit site
Status
doogiehowserfan said:
so i just called to find out what is going on with my application, i interviewed late march.
the woman said "no decision has been made, but from the looks of it you should hear soon" what does this mean!?
Could it mean those who were accepted should have have an e-mail in their inbox already?
 

Smithjay2k

Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2004
52
0
Visit site
Status
From what I've heard from the admissions office and on past threads, the list doesn't move until the end of May :mad: . However, it doesn't hurt to check your email 10 times a day like me... :cool: Has anybody actually been able to find out their rank from the admissions office?? It's so frustrating to not know...
 

sunchild

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 24, 2003
24
0
Visit site
Status
stillwaiting said:
I sent in my secondary, the electronic picture, and my $$$ and never heard a word from them. I mean, at least have the courtesy to spend 37 cents to tell me now way in hell. Jesus, I would've accepted an email...I feel like I was legally robbed! They probably print those electronic pictures and paste them with a copy of your check under the posting "sucker"!!
Duuude!
same here. I completely forgot that I hadn't heard from them until early last week and was wondering how pathetic I'd sound calling them up: "Hi. I applied for the Fall 2004 entering class and I--uh--have I been rejected yet?" but then I came home one day to find that wonderful envelope from Mt Sinai: "sorry, please don't take this as a reflection on you."
*Grumble grumble*
:)
AP
 

izzyfine

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2004
44
0
Status
doogiehowserfan said:
so i just called to find out what is going on with my application, i interviewed late march.
the woman said "no decision has been made, but from the looks of it you should hear soon" what does this mean!?
I think it is probably a very ominous sign. Only one school has told me bad news over the phone, the rest have hid behind statements like that. If a decision hasn't been made then you won't hear soon (it takes weeks to sort out that crap) if a decision has been made and it ain't good then they usually go for the stall. What they mean to say is the decision hasn't been made pubicly yet. In fact my application came up for review at one school the day after I interviewed but I didn't hear back until like 6 weeks. I think they try to avoid bad news over the phone because it spares them all the drama of "oh I see, well thank you anyway" [soft wimpering is heard as the phone is hung up].
 

pekq

Gunner
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2004
360
2
NJ
Visit site
Status
izzyfine said:
I think it is probably a very ominous sign. Only one school has told me bad news over the phone, the rest have hid behind statements like that. If a decision hasn't been made then you won't hear soon (it takes weeks to sort out that crap) if a decision has been made and it ain't good then they usually go for the stall. What they mean to say is the decision hasn't been made pubicly yet. In fact my application came up for review at one school the day after I interviewed but I didn't hear back until like 6 weeks. I think they try to avoid bad news over the phone because it spares them all the drama of "oh I see, well thank you anyway" [soft wimpering is heard as the phone is hung up].
Any news from any late March interviewees? Anything?
 

jjmack

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2003
822
11
LA
Status
MD/PhD Student, Resident [Any Field]
alternate list in nyc. I interviewed on 3/22 I think. I doubt I could have even gotten a better outcome interviewing so late in the game.
 

JohnnieBlue

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2004
120
2
Baltimore
Visit site
Status
I also got waitlisted. I interviewed in late March also. My interviewer told me he'd "go to bat for me" so this looks like a foul ball. I think that I would have had a chance if the class wasn't full by the time I interviewed. I guess I'll wait out the list, but I'm already in NYU. Anyone have any NYU vs Sinai advice in case it becomes practical? Should I even hold a spot on this waitlist?
 

pekq

Gunner
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2004
360
2
NJ
Visit site
Status
I got the alternate list also. Supposedly they move 175 people through the waitlist (maybe i heard them wrong?). I guess when they said they still had acceptances available for late interviewees, they meant they had one spot available. Bastards.
 

Smithjay2k

Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2004
52
0
Visit site
Status
pekq said:
I got the alternate list also. Supposedly they move 175 people through the waitlist (maybe i heard them wrong?).
Really?? 175 people? That's a lot more than I expected....who did you hear this from?
:)
 
About the Ads