Jun 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone still waiting on mcat verification? If so when did you send your scores to AACOMAS?

BornSinner

2+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Sent them day of .. 8/18... dude first said 5 days... then 10 days... still nothing. AACOMAS is garbage compared to AMCAS.

What's honestly their excuse? It's freaking electronic for crying out loud!

BornSinner

2+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2014
Status
Medical Student
How can you tell if your MCAT has been verified?
That's the funny part. They don't tell you unless the school itself receives it... I asked if we get an email or any kind of verification on the website and the guy is like nope your school is gonna get it...

smh.

OP
H
Jun 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
We can see if it is uploaded.... Under manage programs if you try to download your application you can see what scores are posted.

Are you going to do resend them your score report?

BornSinner

2+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2014
Status
Medical Student
We can see if it is uploaded.... Under manage programs if you try to download your application you can see what scores are posted.

Are you going to do resend them your score report?
I know you can see if your own unverified version of the scores is uploaded, but that doesn't mean the schools themselves will care. They will only take note of it once they get the official MCAT report itself. So... yeah I guess I'm resending them again... AACOMAS' servers must be powered by hamster.

OP
H
Jun 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Yea this just sucks because all the DO schools told me not to send my secondaries in until my scores arrive at aacomas

pericardium

CPR certified
5+ Year Member
May 22, 2013
Status
Medical Student
I'm feeling really stupid right now, but do we have to send our score report from AAMC? Or is writing your AAMC ID number in AACOMAS good enough for verification?

BornSinner

2+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2014
Status
Medical Student
I'm feeling really stupid right now, but do we have to send our score report from AAMC? Or is writing your AAMC ID number in AACOMAS good enough for verification?
Lol... you gotta send the report from AAMC... The site you check your scores on has an option to send scores electronically... Use said option to send them to AACOMAS or else your MCAT will never be verified by AACOMAS nor received by DO schools.

TrueWolverine

2+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Sent mine in 8/18 and haven't seen anything yet....I just emailed them today about it so we'll see what they say. It's bitter sweet for me because it'll give me a chance to get summer grades updated but my MCAT is the last thing I need for my app to be complete so it's killing me at the same time. I feel like my app cycle has been "just one more thing....oh that's done, now just this....wait and this..."

oOKawaiiOo

7+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2011
Public library computer
Status
Pre-Veterinary
/
Sent mine in 8/18 and haven't seen anything yet....I just emailed them today about it so we'll see what they say. It's bitter sweet for me because it'll give me a chance to get summer grades updated but my MCAT is the last thing I need for my app to be complete so it's killing me at the same time. I feel like my app cycle has been "just one more thing....oh that's done, now just this....wait and this..."
Your due date is 9/18. It takes 4 weeks.

TrueWolverine

2+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2015
Status
I just received an email response from them.....same ole generic crap unfortunately....here's the conversation more or less:

Me: I had my MCAT score sent on 08/18 and still have not seen any updates on my application. I have contacted AAMC and they have verified that my score has been sent. Can you please give me an update on my score and application?

AACOMAS: Thank you for your inquiry. Please allow 5-7 business days for scores to be received and updated. Please check the PDF download to verify your score has been updated. If your score is not there, please contact AAMC to verify your score was sent. Let us know if you have further questions.

Glad to see my questions are read and taken seriously.....

BornSinner

2+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2014
Status
Medical Student
I just received an email response from them.....same ole generic crap unfortunately....here's the conversation more or less:

Me: I had my MCAT score sent on 08/18 and still have not seen any updates on my application. I have contacted AAMC and they have verified that my score has been sent. Can you please give me an update on my score and application?

AACOMAS: Thank you for your inquiry. Please allow 5-7 business days for scores to be received and updated. Please check the PDF download to verify your score has been updated. If your score is not there, please contact AAMC to verify your score was sent. Let us know if you have further questions.

It just seems like DO Schools are just a mess this year when it comes to getting paperwork (looking at you PCOM) to AACOMAS... Everything is just very poorly done compared to the MD process. smh. Oh well gonna have to wait this one out.

BornSinner

2+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2014
Status
Medical Student

Just talked to AACOMAS on the phone... Apparently, they have to MANUALLY update everyone's MCAT scores b/c their electronic system is down... That explains everything... They told me by Friday...

LOL

Reactions: TrueWolverine

TrueWolverine

2+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2015
Status
Just talked to AACOMAS on the phone... Apparently, they have to MANUALLY update everyone's MCAT scores b/c their electronic system is down... That explains everything... They told me by Friday...

LOL
Thanks for the update. I guess I'll wait till Friday....ugh...more waiting haha

TrueWolverine

2+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2015
Status
So just to double check....I will not receive an email when my score is received and updated through AACOMAS, correct? I just have to go download one of my program applications and see if it's there?

Also.....Anyone who's had issues so far hear anything promising yet?

BornSinner

2+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2014
Status
Medical Student
So just to double check....I will not receive an email when my score is received and updated through AACOMAS, correct? I just have to go download one of my program applications and see if it's there?

Yeah I think that's the deal... kinda frustrating tbh.

IslandStyle808

Akuma residency or bust!
7+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2012

I was kind of a [email protected] myself and submitted my scores 2 weeks ago (almost at 4 week mark in verification). The AACOMAS rep. told me to contact them about the scores. I guess I will call tomorrow or Friday.

TrueWolverine

2+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2015
Status
How did you find out?
Go to your app on AACOMAS, click "manage my programs", and then click the blue "download program" and scroll to page 18 (I think). It'll either have a short line about your planned MCAT date or have the breakdown and stuff with your official scores.

Reactions: pericardium

BornSinner

2+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Go to your app on AACOMAS, click "manage my programs", and then click the blue "download program" and scroll to page 18 (I think). It'll either have a short line about your planned MCAT date or have the breakdown and stuff with your official scores.
What are the odds the schools get em any time soon lol

asturner91

2+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
This anecdotal but I sent mine to them and after 2 weeks it still wasn't on there. Then I sent it again to them and it was up the next day. This happened to other people as well. I suggest just sending it to them over and over until they put it up if it takes more than 10 days.

ladysmanfelpz

2+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2014
Status
Medical Student
I don't know if it's MCAT verification or what, but I have still not received any secondaries. Submitted mid-July. Letters, transcript entry, and MCAT all are entered correctly and look good when I verify each application submitted. Anyone got any answers for me?

asturner91

2+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
I don't know if it's MCAT verification or what, but I have still not received any secondaries. Submitted mid-July. Letters, transcript entry, and MCAT all are entered correctly and look good when I verify each application submitted. Anyone got any answers for me?
Are you verified?

If you're verified and it's been a while, call everyone

IslandStyle808

Akuma residency or bust!
7+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2012
I was kind of a [email protected] myself and submitted my scores 2 weeks ago (almost at 4 week mark in verification). The AACOMAS rep. told me to contact them about the scores. I guess I will call tomorrow or Friday.
Called and checked today and they have verified my scores. Made the call 2 weeks after it was sent (sent only once), they probably verified it a few days ago.

IslandStyle808

Akuma residency or bust!
7+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2012
Did you send your scores electronically from your MCAT AAMC account to your AACOMAS? If not you need to send it, and it will take around 7-10 business days to process (some longer). If so, then you need to contact AACOMAS and let them know the situation.