Anyone still waiting on schools?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

riskhk

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I still have no word from two schools. University of Washington and Temple University. Shouldn't all the rejection letters be sent out by now. I haven't heard from them since the confirmation receipt was sent out on January.
I'm expecting any sort of letter (rejections included) by now!!!

Anyone else have no word at schools they applied for?

Members don't see this ad.

YES! im waiting on Creighton U and Long Island U. both waitlisted! i think that i've given up tho-- just gonna try for next yr. i already sent my letters telling them how much i love their programs and how perfect of a fit it would be and how if i were to be accepted i would attend but no word yet! but risk... u got into U M? why the stress?:confused:

I still have no word from two schools. University of Washington and Temple University.

Sorry Risk. To be frank, that's a really cruddy sign. You already gotta into UOP and UMB, so don't sweat too much.:clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard from Campbell. My interview was on April 4th and they have another set of interviews on May 9th. They are supposed to let you know about 3-4 weeks after your interview. They were my backup plan to UF, so it doesn't matter to me whether I get in or not.

I haven't sent my transcripts to my 3rd school, Palm Beach Atlantic. They were a backup plan to my backup plan.

Yes, I'm pretty anal. But, that's a good thing in chem lab.

I know several people who are still waiting on schools and some who haven't even interviewed yet! UIC hasn't notified, U of Florida (I think) hasn't either, and of course there will be waitlists that go until September. LECOM hasn't responded to anyone that I've talked to, and their deadline for application isn't even up until June. There's still plenty of hope out there for applicants, you just have to hang in there and be patient. It's the worst feeling, but the rewards are huge.

Jd

Originally posted by jdpharmd?
I know several people who are still waiting on schools and some who haven't even interviewed yet! UIC hasn't notified, U of Florida (I think) hasn't either, and of course there will be waitlists that go until September.
Jd

My acceptance from U of Florida was mailed on March 7th. They started evaluating applications in February.

!
I still have no word from two schools. University of Washington

University of Washington letters are not going to be mailed until May 8 or 9. They are still interviewing through the end of April. It's hard to believe that they are taking as long as they are. I'm sure glad that my waiting game is over! Admissions advisors have to be some of the most sadistic people on earth!:)

I'm with every one of you guys!!! Stay positive, but be aggressive with letting them know how bad you want to get in there. You gotta try and leapfrog other people on the waitlist!!!!

"Do the best you can, with what you've got, where you are."--Teddy Roosevelt

Originally posted by dgroulx
My acceptance from U of Florida was mailed on March 7th. They started evaluating applications in February.

I'm going to pretend that I didn't hear that, because my friend seems pretty intent on going there. She applied to 7 schools and hasn't gotten a rejection yet (although Purdue did waitlist her). Maybe Florida forgot about her..

Jd
:D

I'm still waiting for USC, Nevada College of Pharm., and Temple

Originally posted by Triangulation
I'm with every one of you guys!!! Stay positive, but be aggressive with letting them know how bad you want to get in there. You gotta try and leapfrog other people on the waitlist!!!!

"Do the best you can, with what you've got, where you are."--Teddy Roosevelt

but tri....
HOW can we do this? how can we be agressive without being annoying? i've already sent a letter to each school im waitlisted at telling them how i like their program and how it suits me. i also sent letters of rec from a pharmacist i work for. what else can i do? i don't think i should call for fear of buggin them. shold i send another letter? email?

I'm going to pretend that I didn't hear that, because my friend seems pretty intent on going there. She applied to 7 schools and hasn't gotten a rejection yet (although Purdue did waitlist her). Maybe Florida forgot about her..

Jd
:D

UF gets lots of applicants. They are probably still going through them. I just checked and they said that they send out letters continually through May. The only thing she should worry about is getting her campus choice. UF makes you rank their campuses in order (1,2,3,4). Also, Florida residents will get preference since it's a state school.

UF enters all applicant info on a computerized form, which they use for sorting out the applicants. The computer spits them out. Here's what's on the form. (I assume that all these factors play a part).

florida resident (y/n)
math/science GPA
highest PCAT composite %
type of applicant (new/repeat)
current UF student
schools attended
school where you took most prereq's
degrees earned
letters of rec received
personal profile/essays received
PCAT detail for all 3 attempts
math/science courses w/grades
checklist for microbiology, biochemistry & public speaking (not factored into GPA)
Campus Rankings

Looks like she's in good shape with most of those factors (3.3 GPA, at UICU (IL) with a BS in biology and a 95% PCAT, only one PCAT attempt, all required courses, not a re-applicant, etc..) She's not a Florida resident, but she did just get her UIC acceptance yesterday, so she is pretty excited about potentially going there. Oh, so I guess UIC sent out some acceptances, in case anyone was wondering.

Jd

Pomelo,

Where have you been WL'd?

Others may disagree, but in my opinion this in no time to be coy. You gotta grab their attention demonstrating how the program is a perfect fit in as many ways as you can. Yeah I'd keep sending LOR as long as their from a good source and it's a glowing letter. A guy i worked with got off the waitlist at upenn med by that approach.

Originally posted by Triangulation
Pomelo,

Where have you been WL'd?

Others may disagree, but in my opinion this in no time to be coy. You gotta grab their attention demonstrating how the program is a perfect fit in as many ways as you can. Yeah I'd keep sending LOR as long as their from a good source and it's a glowing letter. A guy i worked with got off the waitlist at upenn med by that approach.

hi tri,
creighton and long island are where im wl. +pissed+ so i already asked a pharmacist i work with to write me a letter and he told me it would be strong. i wrote a letter to them telling them how perfect it would be for me to be at their school. i think i will ask my ochem prof for a letter bc he wrote me a very strong lor for my real app's. long island never required lor in their app so possilby i should have him send one also. i called and asked if the wl was prioritized and both schools said "no". shoudl i keep calling or is that a total pain. i've heard stories of ad com's that get totally fed up with applicants calling. i don't wanna jeopardize what little chance i may have. +pity+ :scared:

I know several people who are still waiting on schools and some who haven't even interviewed yet! UIC hasn't notified, U of Florida (I think) hasn't either, and of course there will be waitlists that go until September. LECOM hasn't responded to anyone that I've talked to, and their deadline for application isn't even up until June. There's still plenty of hope out there for applicants, you just have to hang in there and be patient. It's the worst feeling, but the rewards are huge.

Jd

From what I have heard is that LECOM's class is just about full. Unless you have an excellent background it will be hard to get in anymore for this year......

Originally posted by tlh908
From what I have heard is that LECOM's class is just about full. Unless you have an excellent background it will be hard to get in anymore for this year......

If they accept applicants until June and have rolling admissions, why don't they send out rejection or waitlist notices if their class is full? I can imagine that a large percentage of accepted students are not going to be going there in the fall. Do they just have this huge cache of "just in case" applications in a big pile? Do people really wait until June (or later) to hear their status? I applied in January with a decent background (3.2 gpa, 4 years undergrad at a big ten school, 96% pcat, 3 years pharmacy work experience, all pre-reqs completed, etc) and although I've already accepted another school, I would at least like some closure in the matter. What are they waiting for?

Jd