Anyone still waiting on UCLA secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nray

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to know if anyone besides myself is waiting to get a UCLA secondary. I can't believe I haven't heard a damn thing from that school.

Members don't see this ad.

Haven't heard a darn thing either! :( Bastards. Drain me for all it's worth . . . at least be kind enough to send me a rejection letter.

I haven't heard a thing from them either! There is no word on my application status on the web page, and when I called, they told me that my application was still under consideration and that I would receive notice when a decision has been made.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know seriously. Every time I call, I get the same freaking response, you should hear in three weeks. They said that to me two month ago!!! I am pretty much thinking its a rejection at this point, it just pisses me off that at the very least they should send out a rejection or some kind of correspondence. I have heard from every UC except for UCLA. UGGG

nray.

UCLA was the last UC secondary I received. I received secondaries from UCSF, UCSD, and UCI all in either october or november. I had given up on UCLA around New Years but received a secondary from them in mid january. It is getting late in the game for secondaries. I would suggest calling them and asking them if they are still sending out secondaries.

I am in the same boat. I called this week and was told that my file is in committee review for a secondary and that I should hear in 2 weeks. I agree that it is late in the game for secondaries, but not late in the game for interviews. Hopefully, we will have some luck.

I just called UCLA admissions, and posed them the question souljah had suggested. They are still sending out secondaries for at least another month !!!!! Sheesh talk about lagging behind, so there is still hope yet.

mere mass of applications isn't unique to UCLA, so why R they so slow? they have to be the farthest behind, in comparison to all the schools in the nation. i'm tired of posting it, but yes I too haven't recieved a secondary. it's so late though, it's kinda pathetic.

No secondary yet here either. I've pretty much given up on them. If they're still sending out secondaries, when do they possibly intend to interview those who are just now getting them? After the 5/15 deadline?

I wouldn't give up hope yet. UCLA will interview through the end of April. There is still a good two months (a lot of time). The UCs are always slower than the other schools. Keep your chins up. Glad to know they are still sending out secondaries.

I'm waiting too. They've had my file since August, and when I called they said it still hadn't been reviewed yet. It's unbelievable.

I'm about to send UCLA a withdrawal letter in a "thin envelope"....I'm already in somewhere, so screw this waiting. I'm more fed up with their inadequacies than anything. btw..still haven't gotten a secondary.

Joe

I was in the same boat as all of you (no secondary) but I got their rejection letter today. Oh well, I have a couple more interviews at other schools coming up in the next couple weeks. I just need one acceptance letter!

hey guys, my friend got a secondary a week ago (or so)... keep the faith :)