Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Anyone still waiting on UCLA secondary

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by nray, Feb 22, 2002.

1. nray

nray Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I wanted to know if anyone besides myself is waiting to get a UCLA secondary. I can't believe I haven't heard a damn thing from that school.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. labrynth79

labrynth79 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Haven't heard a darn thing either! :( Bastards. Drain me for all it's worth . . . at least be kind enough to send me a rejection letter.

3. Schubie

Schubie Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I haven't heard a thing from them either! There is no word on my application status on the web page, and when I called, they told me that my application was still under consideration and that I would receive notice when a decision has been made.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. nray

nray Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I know seriously. Every time I call, I get the same freaking response, you should hear in three weeks. They said that to me two month ago!!! I am pretty much thinking its a rejection at this point, it just pisses me off that at the very least they should send out a rejection or some kind of correspondence. I have heard from every UC except for UCLA. UGGG

5. souljah1

souljah1 Attending
    10+ Year Member

nray.

UCLA was the last UC secondary I received. I received secondaries from UCSF, UCSD, and UCI all in either october or november. I had given up on UCLA around New Years but received a secondary from them in mid january. It is getting late in the game for secondaries. I would suggest calling them and asking them if they are still sending out secondaries.

6. mdhopeful

mdhopeful Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I am in the same boat. I called this week and was told that my file is in committee review for a secondary and that I should hear in 2 weeks. I agree that it is late in the game for secondaries, but not late in the game for interviews. Hopefully, we will have some luck.

7. nray

nray Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I just called UCLA admissions, and posed them the question souljah had suggested. They are still sending out secondaries for at least another month !!!!! Sheesh talk about lagging behind, so there is still hope yet.

8. jmejia1

jmejia1 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

mere mass of applications isn't unique to UCLA, so why R they so slow? they have to be the farthest behind, in comparison to all the schools in the nation. i'm tired of posting it, but yes I too haven't recieved a secondary. it's so late though, it's kinda pathetic.

9. UCMonkey

UCMonkey Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

No secondary yet here either. I've pretty much given up on them. If they're still sending out secondaries, when do they possibly intend to interview those who are just now getting them? After the 5/15 deadline?

10. kutastha

kutastha 2K Member
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm also waiting, and waiting and waiting....

11. souljah1

souljah1 Attending
    10+ Year Member

I wouldn't give up hope yet. UCLA will interview through the end of April. There is still a good two months (a lot of time). The UCs are always slower than the other schools. Keep your chins up. Glad to know they are still sending out secondaries.

12. thm

thm Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm waiting too. They've had my file since August, and when I called they said it still hadn't been reviewed yet. It's unbelievable.

13. eagle26

eagle26 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm about to send UCLA a withdrawal letter in a "thin envelope"....I'm already in somewhere, so screw this waiting. I'm more fed up with their inadequacies than anything. btw..still haven't gotten a secondary.

Joe

14. jiffy boy

jiffy boy Member
    7+ Year Member

I was in the same boat as all of you (no secondary) but I got their rejection letter today. Oh well, I have a couple more interviews at other schools coming up in the next couple weeks. I just need one acceptance letter!

15. C U in MD school

C U in MD school Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

UCLA? UCLA WHO?

16. matthew0126

matthew0126 Anaheim Angels
    7+ Year Member

hey guys, my friend got a secondary a week ago (or so)... keep the faith :)