Anyone still waiting to hear after interview?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Zummy, May 1, 2001.

1. Zummy

Zummy Easily intrigued. Fickle.

Resident [Any Field]
    I was just wondering if there are a lot of us still waiting to hear a decision after the interview. Which schools and when was your interview? I have yet to hear from 4 schools!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Mikado

Mikado Senior Member

What do you mean? No final decision or they have not contaced you at all. If you have heard absolutly nothing from them at this stage then you should give them a call.

4. Zummy

Zummy Easily intrigued. Fickle.

Resident [Any Field]
    Well, I had some late interviews, through the end of March. Hasn't anyone else had late interviews?

5. chinchilla

chinchilla Member

i also had late interviews- 3 in january and 1 in march (these weren't too late), and *4* in april. i haven't heard back from 3 of the places where i interviewed in april. sit tight, and good luck!

6. Mikado

Mikado Senior Member

Wow. I had my last interview at the beginning of March. I thought the was late.
    What schools are still interviewing in April?

7. yigit

yigit Senior Member

I just got my first acceptance yesterday!!! I took the August MCAT and all 6 of my interviews were in Feb or March. I have been put on 4 waitlists and have yet to hear from one other school. :mad: :eek: :rolleyes: :p :D

8. scully

scully Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    UC Irvine was still interviewing in April -- I was shocked to hear from them (I, too, thought all interviews were over, even for us August MCATers!)

9. chinchilla

chinchilla Member

my april interviews were dartmouth, stanford, uc-irvine, and mcp hahnemann. it's nice to finally be done interviewing :)

(also, i've heard from friends that uc-davis interviews through may...)

10. dcpayne

dcpayne Member

I interviewed at New York Medical College back at the beginning of April. I haven't heard anything yet, but they said at the time that it would probably be 8 weeks before they sent out decisions.

11. jerseygirl

jerseygirl Member

Hey congratulation Yigit!!!! That is awesome- I have been dying to hear new good news from someone on here!

I also realized that those smiley faces on the bottom of your post somehow make me feel ultra giddy too, and I thank you for that. I am going to seriously bookmark this page so that i can forget about my own waitlist limbo every once in awhile. :D :D

12. guardian

guardian Senior Member

It's making me crazy! I still haven't heard from Tufts, NY Med, and Temple. I got waitlisted by two other schools and rejected by two. No acceptances yet. I shy away from calling, but I'm calling all three tomorow.

13. yigit

yigit Senior Member

There were a couple NYMC references so I thought I would share....

I called New York Med College 2 days ago because it had been 9 weeks since my interview. They said that they had sent me a response a few days earlier and that I could expect it soon. I asked her what the letter said and she told me that she wasn't allowed to say. I assumed that I either hadn't gotten in or was waitlisted. Yesterday I got my acceptance. :eek: :mad: :rolleyes: :cool: :p :D

14. guardian

guardian Senior Member

Congrats yigit. I interviewed about 8 weeks ago. Feels like forever.