Anyone still waiting to hear from UCSF?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sanfranalaska

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I still haven't heard anything from UCSF, rejection or interview invitation, I was wondering if anyone else is still waiting. And if you already heard from them when did you apply, I applied Nov 1st, so I was thinking maybe thats why I haven't heard anything. I even braved the heavy rain to make it to my mailbox to check. (only junk mail)

Members don't see this ad.

From other forum posts and personal experience, I don't think that the date you applied will affect when you'll get your letter. I postmarked my application on November 1, and I got my interview letter around Christmastime.

After reading other forum posts, I've concluded that this process appears to be random. It must be so agonizing to wait.. but hopefully you'll be hearing good news soon :)

Hopefully I hear from them soon, the e-mail they sent said I should hear from mid-December to early January. I'm tempted to call them if I dont' get anything by the end of next week, but they say not to call. Waiting sucks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought I remember reading in another thread that someone had called and OSACA said they sent out the final batch of letters during the last week in December. But maybe that was only for interviews? In any case, I would call and ask.

Haha.. that was actually me that had called. OSACA did indeed tell me that, but they also told me that since the mailroom divides according to region/etc, some places may or may not be delayed. Also, since people definitely did not receive their letters when others did (although they should have, according to what OSACA told me), who knows :confused:

Even if they said not to call, not having gotten your letter by now is a valid concern, so I'm sure they won't mind. They were very friendly when I called, which is one of the biggest things to make UCSF my #1 choice. All of the other schools I had been in contact with had very rude office personnel :(