Anyone submitted Secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

6-8 Weeks

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which secondaries have you submitted? I just want to see what pace I should be on.

Members don't see this ad.

It doesn't matter how quickly we get our secondaries in if the schools don't get our entire application from AMCAS first. No file is reviewed until it is complete, and of course no file is complete until the AMCAS app arrives. If AMCAS really isn't submitting till September as was previously mentioned, looks like we got 2 months.

I have submitted the following:

Yale
Rochester
Dartmouth
St. Louis Univ.
Tulane Univ.
Washington Univ. St Louis
Texas Tech
UT Southwestern
UTMB Galveston
UT San Antonio

I'm pretty much done with Baylor's secondary, just waiting for AMCAS to get its act together (according to the Baylor website they want to receive the primary AMCAS app first).

Members don't see this ad :)
I have submitted the following:

Yale
Rochester
Dartmouth
St. Louis Univ.
Tulane Univ.
Washington Univ. St Louis
Texas Tech
UT Southwestern
UTMB Galveston
UT San Antonio

I'm pretty much done with Baylor's secondary, just waiting for AMCAS to get its act together (according to the Baylor website they want to receive the primary AMCAS app first).

Originally posted by md2be06:
•It doesn't matter how quickly we get our secondaries in if the schools don't get our entire application from AMCAS first. No file is reviewed until it is complete, and of course no file is complete until the AMCAS app arrives. If AMCAS really isn't submitting till September as was previously mentioned, looks like we got 2 months.•

Is that true even with the schools that are instituting alternate procedures? It doesnt make sense to go through all that hassle if they arent officially going to look at it anyways until they receive the electronic submission.

I'm thinking that many more schools will start instituting alternate procedures if they are aware that it will really take until mid-september to get the electronic submission.

Originally posted by baylor21:
•Is that true even with the schools that are instituting alternate procedures? It doesnt make sense to go through all that hassle if they arent officially going to look at it anyways until they receive the electronic submission.

I'm thinking that many more schools will start instituting alternate procedures if they are aware that it will really take until mid-september to get the electronic submission.•

Well I think schools that are accepting AMCAS printouts will begin considering your application if letters, secondaries and transcripts are in. Its whether we want to spend the time and money on all this is the problem.

I've completed my secondaries (amcas copy, secondary, photos, transcripts, copies of mcats score reports, letters of rec) to SLU, Pritzker, and MCOW.

No school is going to invite anyone for an interview w/o official MCAT scores, and that is something the printed application does not provide. This is just my opinion, feel free to correct me if you've heard differently from schools.

Originally posted by md2be06:
•No school is going to invite anyone for an interview w/o official MCAT scores, and that is something the printed application does not provide. This is just my opinion, feel free to correct me if you've heard differently from schools.•

My AMCAS printout now has MCAT scores listed (except for bio). I thought about just sending them a copy of the student MCAT report. It looks official enough but you may be right they might wait until getting the official MCAT score report from AMCAS.

I submitted photocopies of my MCAT score report with my apps, but I don't think any interviews will be offered until AMCAS transmits. I think this applies to all schools, even those with alternative pathways. They can't verify our grades (except those that require transcripts in their alternative pathway) or our MCAT scores until AMCAS gets on the ball. I think this will just save us some time by not having as many secondary apps to fill out once the rest start coming.

baylor21, congrats on getting so many secondaries done. I guess it's quite reassuring to be an applicant from texas this year. I'm thinking of requesting a refund from AMCAS for those schools where I have had to send in official transcripts and a printed application. After all, why should I pay AMCAS for this job if I have already done it in a more timely and organized fashion than they could ever imagine? Anyone think I could get my money back? It's not so much the money I care about, it's the underlying principle.