anyone successfully ask for interviews at Temple or Jefferson

drmota

2K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2005
Santa MONICA
Status
considering how many interviews Drexel gives out each year, I'm sure Temple and Jefferson get asked to accomodate students on a regular basis. But are they receptive to these requests? Have any of you tried with any of the Philly schools? any info would be nice. thanks
-mota

I heart Biology

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
I actually was just talking to my advisor about this. She told me about a student who did it at jefferson about 5 or 6 years ago. It did work for him, but he was also a qualified candidate. I just think you have to be careful to not be pushy if you attempt this

myrahu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2005
Status
i did ask temple for an interview last month, so has someone else on sdn. s/he had more luck because the were offered an interview on the phone. it took them a couple of days to get back to me. there's an old thread on it if u can find it.

polargirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2004
Status
myrahu said:
i did ask temple for an interview last month, so has someone else on sdn. s/he had more luck because the were offered an interview on the phone. it took them a couple of days to get back to me. there's an old thread on it if u can find it.
Yeah, I got an interview offer over the phone from Temple. I don't know if I was just lucky, or if this is something that they routinely do, but I called and explained that I was going to be in town for another interview and asked if there was any way that I could request that my file be reviewed in time for me to coordinate an interview (if offered). I also said that if this was not possible, I would be more than happy to make two trips to Philly. I then got put on hold for ~15 minutes and then someone else picked up and invited me for an interview. So while I have no idea how common my experience is - I think it's worth calling!

indo

Feed me a stray cat
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2002
www.mcw.edu
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Monday those schools will receive 1000 calls asking for interviews now.

medstylee

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2003
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
on the day of my drexel interview, this was a pretty hot topic of conversation. actually, a few people said they had called temple to inquire about possible interviews, and they were given invites. apparently, two people who did the same with jefferson received e-mail responses telling them to remain patient or something like that. so, based on that, it seems like temple tries to accommodate such requests while jefferson doesn't. best of luck.

JohnnyNU82

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2005
Status
medstylee said:
on the day of my drexel interview, this was a pretty hot topic of conversation. actually, a few people said they had called temple to inquire about possible interviews, and they were given invites. apparently, two people who did the same with jefferson received e-mail responses telling them to remain patient or something like that. so, based on that, it seems like temple tries to accommodate such requests while jefferson doesn't. best of luck.

I honestly wouldn't try it with Temple... You're just going to have to trust me on this one... but it's not a good idea (speaking from experience)

tree2005

10+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2005
Status
after i got an invite from drexel, i emailed jefferson and they emailed me back and told me to wait more. however, a week before i was leaving for drexel, jefferson called and offered me an interview. the person i talked to actually knew exactly what i told them about when i was going to be in the area, so i think they do take the requests pretty seriously.

PittMedicine

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2005
CA
Status
Pre-Medical
Not even Harvard has cutoffs at each subsection of '8'! But Jefferson does! Sucks.