Anyone take CS in early November?

Discussion in 'Step II' started by joe6102, Jan 3, 2009.

1. joe6102

joe6102 by the power of grayskull
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Have you received your score? It's been 8 weeks and I'm still waiting. I would sleep a lot easier if I got a pass sometime soon.

2. elr1983

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I hate to tell you this, but I think you're going to be waiting awhile longer.....I believe the reporting period for people who took it in November and December begins January 28, so I'd expect to hear then. Sucks that it takes so long..........I took mine mid-December and am paranoid I failed, so I can definitely sympathize....

3. bananamed

2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Took mine right before November and got the score report a month ago, Not sure what the delay is between early November and extremely late October.

4. elr1983

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Check this out: http://www.usmle.org/Examinations/step2/step2cs_reporting.html

Basically if you took it before Nov 1, your reporting period is in December. November 2 til December 31, your reporting period is 1/28-2/25. So someone who took the test 11/2 will get their score closer to someone who took the test 12/31 than someone who took their test 11/1 (or late October). Just another awesome quirk of CS.......